The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
321 - 340 of 348 Posts
LOL yes you are probably right!

2017 Grand Caravan, 55,000km
Midland, Ontario

I actually bought my wheels in Mississauga, go there frequently to hit up the Amsoil warehouse
What made start you using Amsoil? I've heard/read that they are not licensed for ATF+4.

Some people think is a scam. (Scamsoil)

LOL yes you are probably right!

2017 Grand Caravan, 55,000km
Midland, Ontario

I actually bought my wheels in Mississauga, go there frequently to hit up the Amsoil warehouse
Wow, 55,000 Km in a few month, maybe a year :) Was it used as TAXI? How much did you pay if it's allowed to ask? :)

Only thing modified so far is the 7% tint but i have a set of 20" SRT wheels in gloss black begging to go on as soon as the snow melts... LOL

Oh and Im running amsoil in the motor and transmission which is more of a preventative modification but the motor was switched at 20k kms and the trans at 50k kms
Keep using scamsoil and you will be replacing your transmission, very soon!

Keep using scamsoil and you will be replacing your transmission, very soon!
I don't think you can convince him :help_wsig

Reactions: LEVY
I don't think you can convince him :help_wsig
No convincing required, my 2011 caravan was running both in the motor and trans and when i traded it in at 240,000 without any issues

I use it because i sell it, i got on to the whole dealer thing which i realized i wasnt a sales guy probably why i drive transport for a living and not doing sales but i still use it for my personal vehicles plus my families rides...

I dont claim its a miracle oil its just a good synthetic in my opinion, I still change it every 10k in my van its cheaper for me than royal was buying it at Crappy tire.

Wow, 55,000 Km in a few month, maybe a year :) Was it used as TAXI? How much did you pay if it's allowed to ask? :)
Ya i bought it new last year, did a lot of driving plus I did Uber for about 6 months before i got out of it... So i racked up a ton of kms the first year i had it... My daughter also lives an hour away from me and i see her every weekend so the kms tend to climb quickly plus my commute to work is about an hour each way

Ya i bought it new last year, did a lot of driving plus I did Uber for about 6 months before i got out of it... So i racked up a ton of kms the first year i had it... My daughter also lives an hour away from me and i see her every weekend so the kms tend to climb quickly plus my commute to work is about an hour each way
I see... I thought you bought it used and I was curious how much a van like this costs... very high mileage but young :)

Here is my $500.00 2000 T&C. I bought it from a former coworker after it had been left unloved for years under a tree. It had 79,000 miles on it at the time. Here is a shot after I got it all cleaned up. I haven't done anything in the way of modding it but I have added the following items:

Drilled/Slotted front brake rotors with ceramic pads
Monroe coilover rear shocks
Pioneer Bluetooth stereo with Sirius/XM satellite receiver
LED headlight bulbs

Here is my $500.00 2000 T&C. I bought it from a former coworker after it had been left unloved for years under a tree. It had 79,000 miles on it at the time. Here is a shot after I got it all cleaned up. I haven't done anything in the way of modding it but I have added the following items:

Drilled/Slotted front brake rotors with ceramic pads
Monroe coilover rear shocks
Pioneer Bluetooth stereo with Sirius/XM satellite receiver
LED headlight bulbs

Gorgeous, I wish mine would look like that... mmm...

Don't we all?

The cost for just the front bumper alone to get it painted is about $500 bucks. The rear, about the same. To get at least a factory OEM paint job done is about $3,000 for a basic good paint job with BASIC body work done.

About 5,000 if you want it to look like it rolled out of the factory. Then you got to worry about WHERE you PARK IT.

I remember when I got my PT cruiser. Just got the damage some STUPID woman did with her door.. Got that fixed. Then just 2 months later.. a 300 Lb WHALE runs into my car. DENTS IT. WT????

I gave up after the 3rd time at the body shop.

Whatever you do, Watch out for those low curbs. It Kills the front valance.

Don't we all?

The cost for just the front bumper alone to get it painted is about $500 bucks. The rear, about the same. To get at least a factory OEM paint job done is about $3,000 for a basic good paint job with BASIC body work done.

About 5,000 if you want it to look like it rolled out of the factory. Then you got to worry about WHERE you PARK IT.

I remember when I got my PT cruiser. Just got the damage some STUPID woman did with her door.. Got that fixed. Then just 2 months later.. a 300 Lb WHALE runs into my car. DENTS IT. WT????

I gave up after the 3rd time at the body shop.

Whatever you do, Watch out for those low curbs. It Kills the front valance.
I know, body shops are budget destroyers :jpshakehe That's why I let it be as it is... and actually I am not worried about dents but about rust... nice paint job all eaten up by rust...

Reactions: imickey503
Maaco...

I know everyone thinks of Maaco as a crap paint job, but they have come a long way over the years. They really stepped up their game after being featured on the TV show "Undercover Boss". I had a buddy take his truck and have it painted there several years ago... He did not get the cheapie paint job, he stepped up to the mid level urethane job. It has been several years and his truck still looks good even though he has never washed or waxed it. He paid like 800 for the paint job. As long as you aren't trying to make a show car out of it, that should work well.

Maaco told me they wanted $300.00 to paint a hood for me but only wanted $800.00 to do the whole thing... Go figure.

Reactions: imickey503
Well, you use just about the same amount of materials to paint just one part as the whole car. The only extra is the paint. Paint is not labor, so it comes out to about the same price.

If there is one thing I need to learn how to do better is body work and paint. I kind of like the mobile shops. Saw a video, guy did a wonderful job

Here are some of the mods I have made to my 84 Voyager Le turbo 5-spd

2.5 turbo conversion ( originally carbed 2.2 )
Sequential Multiport fuel injection
Custom engine wiring harness
Garrett T3 ( shelby car)
K&N Cone
ported exhaust manifold
no balance shafts
5-angle valve job
complete engine rebuild
90 gastank with electric fuel pump
Updated my original A465 5-spd to a A520 5-spd
Differential rebuilt
87 axles ( stronger larger)
Factory tint glass ( 90 caravan)
Liftgate with wiper defroster, power latch
Keyless entry with alarm,
power door loccks
90 es front bumper with flush mounted driving lights
Dual exhaust
american racing wheels
HID style Hella driving lamps
Hood ornament removed and hole filled
New paint
All nameplates removed
Aiwa cd head unit
optimus speakers
2 12" dayton subs
California amp
power rear quarter windows
Custom 86 lower console with TV and rear window controlls
90 Upper console with compass and temp
Still has working A/C
87 shelby daytona steering wheel
chrome shifter knob
new headliner
90 ( smooth) tail lights

Mods this winter ( When it gets a little warmer out):
relocate battery to rear of van ( Have the kit)
255 LPH fuel pump
Chrome Molly bearing plate in trans

All of the mods minus the headliner ( wasn't worth doing my self for the $), the paint ( I did do the wetsanding and buffing ) and the machine work. Everything else was done by me including the engine conversion, wiring, etc. I started this project in 97 and did the engine conversion almost 2 years ago. It was my daily driver for years. Now it is used for fun and is parked for the winters. Just to let you know I am currently 20 years old and a computer major in college.
You certainly sound like a multitalented person. Awesome build. are there photos posted on here, that can be viewed?

2006 SX 3.3L

Mods pillaged from a 2005 3.8L SXT loaded.
  • Radio & rear speakers (now have cassette & CD)
  • 2nd power plug at the base of the driver center console. Very handy and the harness already has the connection right there.
  • Wider rear view mirror
  • Center console bezel with stow cubby.
  • All the floor mats.
Wish I had more time to snarf additional goodies, but the insurance company wanted the van for the claim.

Current mods
  • 3.8L TB on the 3.3L engine.
  • Reroute of PVC hose and front valve cover hose. Prevents gaseous oil from dumping into intake plenum after any filter. Hoses now enter air-intake housing resonator. Fuel can now burn cleanly with improved power and a tad improved mpg. (similar to an oil catch can, but not exactly the same.)
  • Modd'ed air-intake box for improved air intake flow.
  • Modd'ed air U-scoop in fender well wall for improved air intake.

Soon to be mods in the next few weeks.
  • Delete the exhaust resonator and go with 18-inch straight pipe.
  • Heated side mirrors (these are already wired from the factory using the 12-pin connector harness.) $30 from Rockauto for the TYC black housings types. Plug-n-play, really EZ to do.

321 - 340 of 348 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.