The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1641 - 1654 of 1654 Posts

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
what is wrong with 2005?

my problem would be to bring it home from BC... it would cost me another $1,000 at least...

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
lots of wiring trouble with that year
That is the problem when buying old cars... like the front brakes and the emergency brakes problems until 2012 or so...

·
Registered
10 Posts
That’s one of the things I love about these vans. You can use it as a 2,3,4,5,6,7or even 8 passenger van if you buy another 3-person bench. I usually use my van with the 3-person bench in the middle and nothing in the 3rd row.
I use my vans for deliveries, so I pop the middle seats out. Love that my current 07 GC has Sto & Go, so I don't have to lug seats in and out of the garage as needed.

My oldest one, 03 Voyager, is ready for the scrap yard. I crammed it full of the seats from my two 00s, that I am using for storage until I scrap them.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I use my vans for deliveries, so I pop the middle seats out. Love that my current 07 GC has Sto & Go, so I don't have to lug seats in and out of the garage as needed.
Yes, but on the other hand you are carrying around over 150 pounds for no reason taking down your MPG

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, but on the other hand you are carrying around over 150 pounds for no reason taking down your MPG
Yeah, that 1/10th of a mile per gallon really makes a difference? A low tire or opening the front windows w/o opening rear vents makes more of a difference in mileage.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Yeah, that 1/10th of a mile per gallon really makes a difference? A low tire or opening the front windows w/o opening rear vents makes more of a difference in mileage.
I have no idea how much the difference is but it all depends on how many miles you are driving... being used for deliveries it might make a difference... of course, your back pain might be more important :) just saying...

I remember once reading that extra weight might take down your MPG up to 20% but it might be not correct...

·
Registered
13 Posts
One thing you can’t do with the sto & go is use it as 2-row 5-seater using the third row for cargo and that’s how I use my van most of the time.:) That said I must admit I don’t have passengers in the second row that often but I like the 1st 2nd row + cargo as a 5 passenger configuration.

·
Super Moderator
22,840 Posts
I have no idea how much the difference is but it all depends on how many miles you are driving... being used for deliveries it might make a difference... of course, your back pain might be more important :) just saying...

I remember once reading that extra weight might take down your MPG up to 20% but it might be not correct.
Pulling one of LEVY's trailers, with a loaded down van, should do it. :)

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Pulling one of LEVY's trailers, with a loaded down van, should do it. :)
Honestly, every time my gas tank is full, I really feel the engine is pulling harder even with an empty van... and we are talking about 60 litres of gas only... maybe the more powerful new engines don't feel the extra weight...

1641 - 1654 of 1654 Posts