The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

321 - 340 of 361 Posts

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Greetings. I'm sure the warranty starts from time of purchase and installation. If not... Hmmmmm?
Anything can go bad with CT... they already told me that any warranty problem is covered by the manufacturer and not by the store! This can be a real headache... did I mention that MotoMaster belongs to Canadian Tire? Horrible policy... totally anti-customer!

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,298 Posts
Usually, warranty starts on purchase date. If no proof of purchase, then marked date on battery is what they use.

Save your receipt.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
Usually, warranty starts on purchase date. If no proof of purchase, then marked date on battery is what they use.

Save your receipt.
That is so true... but not with crooks...

·
Registered
479 Posts
LED upgrade

they light up even brighter for the brakes

i'd put LEDs in the headlights too but i'm afraid it'll too distracting and blinding for oncoming drivers

·
Voted most useless member
1,848 Posts
I moved my vans around in the driveway today. When I pulled my parts van out, the driver's rear wheel was locked up and just slid. I backed it up the driveway and wasn't satisfied where it was, so I drove downhill and backed up again. There was a clunk in the rear, and I figured it was the rusted rear wheels being hard to turn. I backed it up as far as I could until it wouldn't move, and parked it. When I walked around it, the right rear wheel had cambered inward because the hub came apart!

Oops. It was my fault, as the van is AWD and I removed the rear axle shafts for spares. They really are serious when they say the hubs NEED an axle in them to stay together. The only reason the other side stayed together is because the wheel was locked up. I think I have an extra stub on a broken axle I can use. I do have a 2nd gen rear axle and leaf springs I can try to swap in, but I'll need to find some 5 lug hubs to swap onto it (currently have 84 4-lug hubs on it). I need to get it stripped and out of here, and now I have to putz around with a rear axle. That's the way it goes.

I feel better now knowing that I was not the only one :)

·
Voted most useless member
1,848 Posts
That is so true... but not with crooks...
Yea, you know why this battery warranty stuff is getting so hard? People return them back filled with water. Take out the lead, and or use it to make meth. (At least here in the states) Walmart is now starting to do the same thing. SO KEEP THAT RECEIPT IN ELECTRONIC FORM WITH THEIR APP! I got one with a one year free replacement, but I can't get it since I have to go look for a receipt

I realised, Walmart value batteries are just the way to go. Sure the Deka I bought was $350 bucks. Its a GREAT battery. TONS of reserve. But after less then 2.5 years, the battery was shot. Hoping I can desulfate it, but lessoned learned. These days, I just buy the cheap batteries and replace them about once every 6 months to a year. They always seem to get one bad cell. Most of this is from the car battery being drained of life and no protection circuit.

I'm building a lithium ion pack for the car and think that may be the way to go. Wish I could get my hands on some of those old nickel cadmium wet cells. Or even some nickel iorn cells that last forever.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
SO KEEP THAT RECEIPT IN ELECTRONIC FORM WITH THEIR APP! I
I keep the receipt in the glove compartment along with the owner manual :)
This battery has 5 years of free replacement and free road assistance but when you call them you need to show the receipt so it has to be in the car.

I checked with them and 5 years counts since the purchase date... 'the free road assistance' actually means 3 calls only... as I said... crooks! They did not have the decency to say 'limited free road assistance'... I don't really care because I have the CAA membership that I hardly use.

·
Registered
479 Posts
did you have any trouble with the bolts? i had to go to the hardware store and get some new bolts, the old ones were just the slightest bit too short to grab onto my new assemblies

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #333

·
Registered
488 Posts
did you have any trouble with the bolts? i had to go to the hardware store and get some new bolts, the old ones were just the slightest bit too short to grab onto my new assemblies
Greetings. Bingo! I also hit the Hardware store. It was frustrating.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I guess you are using it for work.
Greetings. Actually it's my daily driver. I do use it for smaller sound gigs and running around. Mostly I just enjoy driving and working on it. I have my '91 B250 for larger gigs like my past reunion in August.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
Greetings. Actually it's my daily driver. I do use it for smaller sound gigs and running around. Mostly I just enjoy driving and working on it. I have my '91 B250 for larger gigs like my past reunion in August.
View attachment 56407
Pink guitar, eh? ;) :unsure:

321 - 340 of 361 Posts
About this Discussion
360 Replies
21 Participants
Miron
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing