The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

301 - 320 of 361 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,588 Posts
Filled the 2016 GC up with 75.5 liters (19.94 US gallons) of fuel. 744 km (466 miles) on the last tank full

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
Do the 5th Generation vans have bigger tanks? 😊

·
3rd gen > all others
2,157 Posts
I moved my vans around in the driveway today. When I pulled my parts van out, the driver's rear wheel was locked up and just slid. I backed it up the driveway and wasn't satisfied where it was, so I drove downhill and backed up again. There was a clunk in the rear, and I figured it was the rusted rear wheels being hard to turn. I backed it up as far as I could until it wouldn't move, and parked it. When I walked around it, the right rear wheel had cambered inward because the hub came apart!

Oops. It was my fault, as the van is AWD and I removed the rear axle shafts for spares. They really are serious when they say the hubs NEED an axle in them to stay together. The only reason the other side stayed together is because the wheel was locked up. I think I have an extra stub on a broken axle I can use. I do have a 2nd gen rear axle and leaf springs I can try to swap in, but I'll need to find some 5 lug hubs to swap onto it (currently have 84 4-lug hubs on it). I need to get it stripped and out of here, and now I have to putz around with a rear axle. That's the way it goes.

·
Super Moderator
21,588 Posts
Do the 5th Generation vans have bigger tanks? 😊
20 US gallons/76 liters, I believe, still had lots left.. ha, ha

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
20 US gallons/76 liters, I believe, still had lots left.. ha, ha
Interesting... 4th Generation vans have 75 liters... the new ones have better mileage, why to increase the capacity? To carry more useless weight around? :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
6,177 Posts
Interesting... 4th Generation vans have 75 liters... the new ones have better mileage, why to increase the capacity? To carry more useless weight around? :unsure:
So you can go farther between fill ups?

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
So you can go farther between fill ups?
Yeah, once in a blue time 😊 500 km on highways is more than enough or 400 km in the city... when I fill up I can feel it by pushing more on the gas pedal 😕

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
You are not driving in the middle of nowhere too often 😊

·
3rd gen > all others
2,157 Posts
I finally put the other two Mustang wheels that I got balanced on the back of our 2011 Sienna, so it finally has a matching set of 4 wheels and tires. That's the first time since we got it in 2016 (after blowing a tire on an open manhole 5 minutes after buying it).

I put a stub shaft end in the rear hub of my 2001 parts van, and put a wheel on it. So that side is ready to move around again. I used a 3rd gen FRONT outer stub end that I had to remove both the metal dirt shield and ABS tone ring from so it would fit. I wonder if 4th gen front axle tone ring is smaller? If it is and I can rig up a spacer for the rear wheel speed sensor, then I can use some stub shafts in the rear without the full axles, disconnect the driveshaft and drive in front wheel drive mode all summer.

·
Super Moderator
21,588 Posts
Yeah, once in a blue time 😊 500 km on highways is more than enough or 400 km in the city... when I fill up I can feel it by pushing more on the gas pedal 😕
You lose that feel with the newer "drive by wire" accelerator pedals. Yuk, yuk.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #314
We must have heavy shoes.🙂
Mine consumes so much.
Which one are you driving? Nothing in your signature...

Mine is consuming pretty much in the wintertime especially since they added the bloody ethanol... still, I do get at least 400 Km in the city driving... at 450 Km the warning light is turning on...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Which one are you driving? Nothing in your signature...

Mine is consuming pretty much in the wintertime especially since they added the bloody ethanol... still, I do get at least 400 Km in the city driving... at 450 Km the warning light is turning on...
I refuel 95 petrol and get 500-550 km. Highway 140 km / h average speed.
Urban heavy traffic with climate, I dare not look!😁

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just ordered air filter and cabin filters from Rock Auto (2 each). Shipping via FedEx was the same for 1 ea or 2 ea. Pricing much better than Wallyworld or CTC even with shipping.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
I refuel 95 petrol and get 500-550 km. Highway 140 km / h average speed.
Urban heavy traffic with climate, I dare not look!😁
The difference in price makes you pay even more... I never drive 140 Km/h... safety first!
Police + insurance problems... no way...

·
Super Moderator
21,588 Posts
Just ordered air filter and cabin filters from Rock Auto (2 each). Shipping via FedEx was the same for 1 ea or 2 ea. Pricing much better than Wallyworld or CTC even with shipping.
Make sure your cover for the air filter is properly in place in the back, otherwise an interesting howl from your engine when accelerating..

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
Yesterday, my 8 years old battery was replaced after hardly starting the van since Sunday.

This is what I got from my 'beloved' CT :cool:

MotoMaster Eliminator Ultra AGM Automotive Batteries

The only issue is that the battery is already 1 year old, manufactured in September 2018... I need to ask them if my warranty starts today or I already lost a year from the 5 they are offering...

Unfortunately, nobody else had my battery and I can't wait...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yesterday, my 8 years old battery was replaced after hardly starting the van since Sunday.

This is what I got from my 'beloved' CT :cool:

MotoMaster Eliminator Ultra AGM Automotive Batteries

The only issue is that the battery is already 1 year old, manufactured in September 2018... I need to ask them if my warranty starts today or I already lost a year from the 5 they are offering...

Unfortunately, nobody else had my battery and I can't wait...
Greetings. I'm sure the warranty starts from time of purchase and installation. If not... Hmmmmm?

301 - 320 of 361 Posts
About this Discussion
360 Replies
21 Participants
Miron
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing