The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 3604 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:party: This is a continuation of this Thread: What you did to/with your vehicle today (2013 Edition) @ http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php/32442-What-you-did-to-with-your-vehicle-today-(2013-Edition) but with a fresh start for the new calendar year 2014.:party:

Start posting here on January 1st, 2014 please and leave the 2013 Edition behind with a hug.

Some History behind this Thread:
This Thread is actually a continuation of what mistypotato started back on September 8th, 2009. The changes are as follows:

- by "yearly edition" to make it way less cumbersome to search

- no particular year of vehicle versus 3rd Generation. Your 2001 ride-on lawn mower qualifies

- under "Fireplace" instead of "3rd Generation Chrysler Minivans"

- not just what you "did to" but also "did with" i.e. you took a trip

- this Thread is for all model years, not just for 2014

- the use of "tags" will facilitate searchability and Members are encouraged to use those

- this type of Thread is a more general thread intended to provide information like "did to" or "did with" versus looking for solutions to problems. The request for help type Thread, with ongoing discussions on same, can be covered under the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th Generation Threads as intended

- Members that mention what they did to / did with and want to provide considerable details on same, are encouraged to reference a separate Thread/Post created with that information under the applicable Generation.
For example, a Post here could be titled "I replaced the power steering rack on my 2005 Town & Country today" and say "It was a PITA, took 15 hours, for detailed information on this project, go here: http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/sho...placement-Tips "
Some smilies to consider using: :cool: :thumb: :biggrin: :eek:fftopic:

And for 2014, in general use of the Forum, please continue to use the "Thanks" button to show appreciation for the information/support provided. Some Members work hard, maybe even search through a lot of information, to help others out. Just writing an informative paragraph or two can take time. When you solve a problem, please let others how how you did it. Thanks.

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Yea not many people know how to use the "thanks button", good reminder!

So are you going to close the 2013 thread on January 1st?

·
Super Moderator
21,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea not many people know how to use the "thanks button", good reminder!

So are you going to close the 2013 thread on January 1st?
That's the plan, and with a hug. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Ok, I'll jump in early. Feel free to delete if you really want me to wait. I removed my 5/16" Magnefine filter and hose. I used a 3/8" brass splice connector to reconnect the oem hose because I was worried that the flow was restricted by the 5/16". My new 3/8" will be arriving later this week, but it will end up in my neighbour's truck as I ordered a tranny cooler and remote filter kit, also arriving this week. It was an unpleasant job lying on my back in the snow covered driveway with the van or ramps. ATF +4 does not taste very good. :eekkkk:

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Damn, I just noticed this, I now have over 3,000 posts on the forum in little over a year, I spend a lot of time on this forum, go figure.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yesterday, I completed flushing out my engine's coolant system, installed a replacement radiator return line that contains the nipple for the engine oil cooler, replaced almost all of the hoses, and put in a 60/40 mix using genuine Mopar coolant. This is in support of this thread -> http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php/53489-Fuel-economy-build!

Today, going to install some wires from the PCM for my fuel monitoring computer, reattach the van's nose (front bumper cover), and reinstall the headlights.

How many posts do I make before I see the "thanks" button?

·
Super Moderator
21,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Damn, I just noticed this, I now have over 3,000 posts on the forum in little over a year, I spend a lot of time on this forum, go figure.
OK, now I know what your New Years resolution should be... :)

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
My, my, you guys are anxious to get the New Year started already. :biggrin:

Take note that Ford doesn't seem supportive of those in-line transmission cooler filters anymore: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2145470
Yes, we are hyper...and on holiday. LOL! And...the kids are at the sitter today - play time with their friends. :ThumbsUp:

I had read that post at BITOG. I think it's because the guys that put rebuilt transmissions in didn't clean the coolers and lines and all the gunk was too much for the inline filter. That said, I'm going with the spin on type so it will be easier to maintain.

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
My, my, you guys are anxious to get the New Year started already. :biggrin:
For sure, super excited! Best to get the New Year started early, rather than waiting for the actual new year!

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Happy New Year to all happy minivan users and their families :cheerlead

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Happy New Years to all my minivan friends! Only 364 days left until 2015 ;)

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Get ready, it's coming ;) -20C tonight! brrrrrr.....

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Get ready, it's coming ;) -20C tonight! brrrrrr.....
Oh I'm ready. It's going to be in the negative teens until Saturday. Thank god the van is parked in the garage.

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
I updated 2013 statistics: on 01 January 2014 the van had 207,435 Km which means I drove exactly 17,862 Km which is more than the usual 13-14,000 and the difference is coming from a US trip ;)

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
For us we ended with 169,916 KMS in 2012 and ending 2013 with 192,490 KMS. So that means we drove exactly 22,574 KMS for 2013...Not bad. That's our usual yearly average.

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
I have news for you: forget about Chrysler, we are all FIAT minivan forum :hi2:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/01/01/fiat-chrysler-uaw-stake-ipo/4279411/

Change your decals and emblems :Wow1:
I'm not a supporter of this move, I have a feeling Fiat is gonna screw up Chrysler once again and leave then like Daimler did, I say this is a wrong step in the future of Chrysler regardless of build quality etc...

Marchionne wants to own all of Chrysler so he can tap its cash to help support ailing Fiat, and to streamline operations of a merged company.

I still see this as going horribly wrong in the future, Marchionne is gonna use up all the money on Fiat, bring them back to the top and leave the struggling Chrysler.

Sorry but i'm not changing my decals and emblems, the Dodge Brothers started the Dodge brand, and I'd like their name to stay alive, Fiat never Created the DODGE brand!!

If Marchionne uses all the money up on saving Fiat, some major Decontenting on Chrysler vehicles could happen once again and redesigns could be held back even more than it already is.

Let the arguments begin.

1 - 20 of 3604 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.