The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

141 - 160 of 197 Posts

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,798 Posts
I'm having problems with my SSL but my images can still be seen on this site, seems like there is a security flaw in this site.

I'm working on mt SSL, should be fixed in a few minutes.

·
Administrator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Can you see this image?

Is not hosted on a SSL site. You shouldn't be able to see it on this site.

When this site moved to SSL (https://www......), all images hosted on non-secure sites disappeared, why we can see them now?
vBulletin was not supporting images that where hosted on on SSL sites Xenforo will. I can indeed see the image.
-Philip

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,798 Posts
Have you checked out the popular section? It’s well...very popular! We heard feedback that seeing the most popular discussions is good but folks would also like to quickly get to new posts. We’ve made this easier by implementing a drop-down from the popular icon.
It makes no sense, you guys are not listening, it is harder now!

It was ok the way it was, now you have to click twice to get to the so called "popular" section. You already had those options easy to access, now you have duplicate.

Can you guys post a customized weekly update for each site instead of copy and paste the same for all sites? Seems like you guys are listening to members of other sites and implementing the same changes all over.

·
Administrator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
It makes no sense, you guys are not listening, it is harder now!

It was ok the way it was, now you have to click twice to get to the so called "popular" section. You already had those options easy to access, now you have duplicate.

Can you guys post a customized weekly update for each site instead of copy and paste the same for all sites? Seems like you guys are listening to members of other sites and implementing the same changes all over.
The updates are the same for all of our sites that are on the new platform. And yes, we listen to all of the members from all of our sites.

- Cricket

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,798 Posts
The updates are the same for all of our sites that are on the new platform. And yes, we listen to all of the members from all of our sites.

- Cricket
Again, it make no sense to have double tabs making click twice in order to go to the popular section:

It would be a lot better if you add the horizontal tab bar to all pages (easy to do) and remove the drop down menu.

Something else I noticed, when I post an image (more noticeable on a text image), it will first load on low quality, not easy to read, if you reload the page, it will then show ok.

Now, back to ADVANCED SEARCH, you should enable it, even if not working 100%, that way members could provide feedback and help to make it better.

Edit Button:

Now, if you want to edit a post, you click on the three dots on top of your post, then a little Edit Button pops up, but it moves to the far right (mobile device), if you have your screen zoomed in a little, you will not see that button, it wasn't like that before the last update.

·
Administrator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
I will have a look at your list and see what I can replicate. We still collect feedback and forward it along and do not make changes on the fly. Everything that is done on one site happens on all the sites at the same time.
-Philip

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I would really like to see the most recent poster's screen name when looking at a particular forum or the new posts list. Seeing the OP's name is good, also seeing the most recent poster's name is also good.

Example cases:
"Is the OP the most recent poster? Oh good, maybe they provided an update."
"Is the most recent poster someone I don't like reading messages from? I know to skip this thread for now."
"Is the most recent poster someone I know to be very knowledgeable? I am extra interested to read the thread now."

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,798 Posts
I will have a look at your list and see what I can replicate. We still collect feedback and forward it along and do not make changes on the fly. Everything that is done on one site happens on all the sites at the same time.
-Philip
I really doubt this, maybe they update one site then do the same updates to other sites. I doubt all sites can be updated at the same time. Even if it was possible, no webmaster would do it, something terrible goes wrong, all sites would be affected.

·
Administrator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I really doubt this, maybe they update one site then do the same updates to other sites. I doubt all sites can be updated at the same time. Even if it was possible, no webmaster would do it, something terrible goes wrong, all sites would be affected.
Actually, we do update all of the sites at the same time after fully testing on a test site. One of the advantages of this platform is that we can do this. :)

- Cricket

·
Administrator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
I would really like to see the most recent poster's screen name when looking at a particular forum or the new posts list. Seeing the OP's name is good, also seeing the most recent poster's name is also good.

Example cases:
"Is the OP the most recent poster? Oh good, maybe they provided an update."
"Is the most recent poster someone I don't like reading messages from? I know to skip this thread for now."
"Is the most recent poster someone I know to be very knowledgeable? I am extra interested to read the thread now."
This is on our feedback as a feature that is important to our users. I hope to have an update on this soon.

- Cricket

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,798 Posts
ADVANCED SEARCH

Seems like you guys are having some difficulties implementing Advanced Search

Why don't you guys add a Google Custom Search Engine (CSE)?

The basic CSE is free and very helpful.

Right now people are going to Google to find what they are looking for in this site (shame).

Just a suggestion, many sites use Google CSE and it works.

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
Today I tried to add a picture to my albums and it took me over 15 min to figure it out how to reach the button UPLOAD a media item... it is so complicated... I had to try so many options until the button appeared... can you make it more direct? I can not even remember all the options I tried...

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
I selected Canada for 'Add your country flag to your profile' but there is no flag displayed... it should be beside/under 'My Avatar' as before...

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
Canada flag was banned from this site.

Don't worry, we all know you are a Canadian guy. 😅
Why on earth would they ban the Canadian flag? Eh?

It is not about me... it is about the others I would like to know where are they located... but I don't see any flags at all! I know you are a Texan gentleman ;)

141 - 160 of 197 Posts