The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,769 Posts
...Is that an option I can turn off so I can always see the entire signature?...
Fortunately there is a setting, it is on your Preferences page, be sure "Show people's signatures with their messages" is checked, then check "Always show expanded signatures".

·
Super Moderator
1,769 Posts
On the subject of signatures, how about an option to hide Images in signatures.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Fortunately there is a setting, it is on your Preferences page, be sure "Show people's signatures with their messages" is checked, then check "Always show expanded signatures".
Thanks!

One down. A bunch others to go.

·
Registered
412 Posts
THANK YOU !!!!

New Signature Options! 8/22/2019

WOW. This saved sooooooo much scrolling and allows better reading of the forums. I don't mind images in the signatures, but some folks have HUGE images that it confuses reading the threads and user postings. At times, some of these just take the entire screen on a hand-held device, thus making the forum difficult to navigate.

Love the flexibility of this feature too! When needed, I can click to see the entire signature if needed. Thus, if the person didn't post the model year, engine type or other details, a person can freely get to it should the OP have it in the signature.

Love the Dark Mode viewing of the forum too. Easy on the eyes and simple to follow.

Another BIG plus, the migration and search is GREAT. Older postings of advice and trouble shooting can still be searched without missing a beat. Other forums sites had migrated and have LOST their history of knowledge. GLAD this site retained it. A big PLUS.

·
Administrator
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
This! I have a 4th gen. Was looking up stuff related for that and had to wade through 600 posts, most of which were for newer vans. That info doesn't apply to my RS van.
We are currently working on deploying the advanced search feature and optimizing the basic search functionality. Sorry for the delay on that but as soon as it is complete we will make an announcement detailing all the specific search features.

~Austin

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,323 Posts
POPULAR tab should be called Latest Posts as it was before.

New posts are shown when you click that tab and not necessarily are popular posts or threads.

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
POPULAR tab should be called Latest Posts as it was before.

New posts are shown when you click that tab and not necessarily are popular posts or threads.
Totally agree!

·
Registered
188 Posts
So, as I continue my campaign against Vertical Scopes crap canned layout that is a visual disaster, I wanted to share with you what you COULD be enjoying... This is our local car board that went live last night (we had been beta testing for a week), using the same exact Xenforo software that you're using here.

So easy to use. So easy to navigate. So legible. So easy to follow. Cool features, etc...

THIS is what you could be enjoying. Instead... You got this.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,323 Posts
So, as I continue my campaign against Vertical Scopes crap canned layout that is a visual disaster, I wanted to share with you what you COULD be enjoying... This is our local car board that went live last night (we had been beta testing for a week), using the same exact Xenforo software that you're using here.

So easy to use. So easy to navigate. So legible. So easy to follow. Cool features, etc...

THIS is what you could be enjoying. Instead... You got this.
There is a lot of stuff that can be done, but they are so stubborn, they own it, so they don't really care about members, all they want is a good stream of income.

This platform offer more income for them.

Maybe if we start a thread of how to go around ads on this site, they will finally listen to us.

If we don't see ads, they don't make money.

·
Registered
188 Posts
There is a lot of stuff that can be done, but they are so stubborn, they own it, so they don't really care about members, all they want is a good stream of income.

This platform offer more income for them.

Maybe if we start a thread of how to go around ads on this site, they will finally listen to us.

If we don't see ads, they don't make money.
TBH, they can put all the ads in they want. I won't click on them, so they're pointless to me. Geico is wasting their money as far as I'm concerned (plus we're already with Geico, so...).

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,323 Posts
TBH, they can put all the ads in they want. I won't click on them, so they're pointless to me. Geico is wasting their money as far as I'm concerned (plus we're already with Geico, so...).
Those guys are no fools, they alsi get money every time an ad is shown, either you click it or not.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not VS, Geico.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,323 Posts
Not VS, Geico.
Revenue per thousand impressions (RPM)
Revenue per 1000 impressions (RPM) represents the estimated earnings you'd accrue for every 1000 impressions you receive. RPM doesn't represent how much you have actually earned; rather, it's calculated by dividing your estimated earnings by the number of page views, impressions, or queries you received, then multiplying by 1000.
Formula:
RPM = (Estimated earnings / Number of page views) * 1000
For example:
  • If you earned an estimated $0.15 from 25 page views, then your page RPM would equal ($0.15 / 25) * 1000, or $6.00.
  • If you earned an estimated $180 from 45,000 ad impressions, your ad RPM would equal ($180 / 45,000) * 1000, or $4.00.
  • RPM is a commonly used number in advertising programs, and you may find it helpful for comparing revenue across different channels.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Again Vertical Scope isn't the dummies. Geico is. Because regardless of RPM's, what about the conversion rate. How many of those impressions actually lead to sales/revenue generated? Then how does that compare to all the TV and radio commercials we're innundated with? Where do you spend your money to get a better ROI.

·
Administrator
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,323 Posts
Again Vertical Scope isn't the dummies. Geico is. Because regardless of RPM's, what about the conversion rate. How many of those impressions actually lead to sales/revenue generated? Then how does that compare to all the TV and radio commercials we're innundated with? Where do you spend your money to get a better ROI.
That's what I'm saying all along. Point is, this site makes money whether you click it or not.

Geico and others are not fools either. You might not click it but you still saw it. Is like those ads you see on magazines.

RPM advertising is very inexpensive. Your point was that this site never makes money out of you because you never click on those ads.

181 - 197 of 197 Posts
About this Discussion
196 Replies
18 Participants
LEVY
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing