The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need help. I am 600 miles from my house. I went to fill up and my Van keeps stalling when I put into gear. When I put in Reverse it is fine.

So I took to a mechanic yesterday while my family is in a hotel. I don't know this guy or trust him. He told me it might be a transmission solenoid and to fix it he would need to take out the tranny problem is he said he wasnt sure if that was the problem.

Does this sound like the problem and what can I do to troubleshoot and fix the problem myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated please help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a correction this is a 2009 6 speed automatic Chrysler minivan

and the part is called Transmission Control Module is there a way to bypass this or to reset this for a workaround

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Sounds like the torque converter is in lockup, which means it's just like a manual transmission.

Have you tried revving engine to say 1000 rpm, and then putting it in gear?

Try disconnecting the battery, and pray.

·
Super Moderator
1,926 Posts
Thread moved from 4th Gen to 5th Gen Forum

·
Super Moderator
1,926 Posts
john Hendersion,

Did you purchase the van new?

If you are the original owner and had the required inspection done at 5 years, this might be covered under the Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,038 Posts
If you have a torque converter lock up problem, then you can manually prevent the torque converter from activating for testing, but that involves a little of know how, nothing hard to do either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have a torque converter lock up problem, then you can manually prevent the torque converter from activating for testing, but that involves a little of know how, nothing hard to do either.
How do you do this, I am desperate!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts