The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is on the 3liter is it possible to change from those stupid tickey valve followers to roller cams?

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Usually, the 3.xL will tick due to dirty lifters, and/or the kind of filter you are using (no drain back check valve). SEAFOAM and the correct filter will usually clean them out and keep them from ticking.

·
Banned
113 Posts
around 1992, the cams are roller with roller followers. but they still tick. the BEST thing to do is pull the valve covers, pull the rockers, remove the lash adjusters, soak them in some laquer thinner over night, then blow dry, then soak in some trans fluid, then install. or replace the bad ones with new ones

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Usually, the 3.xL will tick due to dirty lifters, and/or the kind of filter you are using (no drain back check valve). SEAFOAM and the correct filter will usually clean them out and keep them from ticking.
The lifters are clean, as the oil gets changed at 2,000 KLM once a year. There is no gunk or sludge in my engine. The drain back is not happening as the filter has a good drain back valve and mounted at an angle. Seafoam is not available over here and I have tried other products. The 3 liters are known for their ticky valve folowers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts