26,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Specs and Fatal Flaws of the Chrysler 3.6L Pentastar V6 Engine

·
Premium Member
2009 Chrysler Town and Country
650 Posts
The Specs and Fatal Flaws of the Chrysler 3.6L Pentastar V6 Engine
Wow very interesting video and good to know . So much for quality control . I think it went out the window .

I'll definitely stay out of the way of 2011 - 2013s that's a shame they know of faulty parts and workmanship and won't stand behind them . BUMMER

·
Registered
2012 Chrysler Town & Country Touring L
51 Posts
good fuel economy? 14 mpg on e85 is kinda sucky...

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I really feel good about my 10 now more than before . I don't know why they even bother with e85 fuel you don't pay as much for and yet you get fewer mpg . Seems like a waist to me .

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can't wait to get rid of my '11. I've been car hunting for months. My fuel relay fix arrives today from vertical visions and then it's ready for sale once I find a new ride. I wanted this car so badly when I was looking 5 years ago, biggest car mistake I've ever made.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I can't wait to get rid of my '11. I've been car hunting for months. My fuel relay fix arrives today from vertical visions and then it's ready for sale once I find a new ride. I wanted this car so badly when I was looking 5 years ago, biggest car mistake I've ever made.
Yeah the first year of the change geeze i feel ya . I have a 10 and a 09 and believe me sometimes i think they are bullet proof . And they both have over 200k .

Never a minutes trouble although i had to replace the tranny in the 09 last summer but that was at 194k ! I didn't feel bad about that.There is a few things that i don't like about them .But what i like about them outweighs the cons .

At this time I don't think i could be satisfied with any other vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really feel good about my 10 now more than before . I don't know why they even bother with e85 fuel you don't pay as much for and yet you get fewer mpg . Seems like a waist to me .
For the record, E85 only contains about 70% of the energy in real gasoline. So it's impossible for E85 fuel economy to even approach that of regular gas. However, if you're paying more for E85 than about 70% of the gasoline price, you ARE getting taken for a ride! Plus, fuel taxes are calculated per gallon, not per mile, so you're paying more on that front, too.

And I've never seen E85 that cheap around Detroit. Which is one reason neither my '15 T&C or my '08 Mercury have ever seen a drop of E85. I also have a hard time believing it really makes a difference with regard to the environment, considering the energy/fuel needed to take a grain of seed corn, plant it, fertilize it, water it, protect it from pests, harvest it, ferment and distill it into ethanol. But whatev's.

·
Registered
2012 Chrysler Town & Country Touring L
51 Posts
after setting a baseline with e85, i'll be switching to 87 oct cheap gas for comparison. it's about 20% cheaper for e85 than 87 around here, but is that a fair comparison? or should e85 be compared to 91 oct?

For the record, E85 only contains about 70% of the energy in real gasoline. So it's impossible for E85 fuel economy to even approach that of regular gas. However, if you're paying more for E85 than about 70% of the gasoline price, you ARE getting taken for a ride! Plus, fuel taxes are calculated per gallon, not per mile, so you're paying more on that front, too.

And I've never seen E85 that cheap around Detroit. Which is one reason neither my '15 T&C or my '08 Mercury have ever seen a drop of E85. I also have a hard time believing it really makes a difference with regard to the environment, considering the energy/fuel needed to take a grain of seed corn, plant it, fertilize it, water it, protect it from pests, harvest it, ferment and distill it into ethanol. But whatev's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
after setting a baseline with e85, i'll be switching to 87 oct cheap gas for comparison. it's about 20% cheaper for e85 than 87 around here, but is that a fair comparison? or should e85 be compared to 91 oct?
I think comparing it to 87 octane would be perfectly fair. Especially in vehicles and engines like these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts