The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a 2015 dodge grand caravan with the super console. it has a sliding drawer that had a handle you lift up and slide the drawer out towards the back of the van.
The handle has come off leaving the drawer stuck in the half way position. There is antenna like thing mounted on a mechanism that moves up and down when you lift the handle. These two sections are now apart as the handle just popped off about a week ago. I really don't know how to get it back together. I can see how the handle goes back on, but there is no room to get your hand in between the mec and the handle to match up where the two parts connect. Attached pics are of the mec and the back side of the handle
20210607_113227.jpg
20210607_113215.jpg
20210607_113200.jpg
20210607_113141.jpg

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,437 Posts
Looks like the cable end (you called it "antenna thing") goes in the square slot with the gap at the bottom. Then that piece slides into the notches on the drawer.

You can pull the cable end to unlock it so you can open or close the drawer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes I though that was the case, but there's no room to get your hand in there when trying to feed the cable into the notch on the handle. I'll try again but the handle has to be almost flush with the mec to try to feed the cable in. Thank you very much for the response.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to pull enough slack out on the cable to get it to attach to the handle again and snap it all back together. Thank you for the insight and helping me think this through and fix it.
Is there a way to put "solved" in the subject line?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,437 Posts
Glad you got it. If you hadn't I would have suggested long nose pliers to place the cable.

As for putting "solved" in the title, you might be able to edit the first post and change it there. Most important part is that you came back and confirmed it worked so people can find the solution in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts