The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
So, a couple codes came up after investigating the engine "on light". And they are leaking emission hoses...
I remember when you could buy a kit on the early days of smog control... I tried Autozone and Pepboys and nothing...?
What have you done?

·
Registered
725 Posts
are you sure it's hoses? i had an evap leak code and fixed it by just replacing my gas cap

check the seal around the inside of the gas cap, mine was dry rotted and cracked

·
Registered
23 Posts
Small evap leaks are more often than not related to gas cap issues. If it's not the gas cap you have to undertake a painstaking process of locating the leak, if it's not obvious. This is normally done with a smoke generator. There is no "hose kit" available for this, and if there was, it would be hundreds of dollars, because there's a lot of hoses involved. It might not even be a hose. Valves and fittings can crack and break, too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, and when I replace the gas cap, if that was the issue will the engine light turn off on it's own...?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Make sure your filler neck isn't rough and rusty, as that can cause leaks too. The light will turn off if the error condition has been fixed. You can also unhook the battery for a minute to clear it.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
On my 2003 it was that the large hose at the charcoal canister had a crack in it right at the fitting. The canister was under the car, about right under the driver's seat. I used black electrical tape, with the intention of replacing the hose, but it help until I sold the van three years later to my neighbor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts