The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got free oil changes with my van when we purchased it. After getting the first one done I noticed my van suddenly puffing blue smoke upon startup. I checked the oil only to find they had over filled it by almost a quart!
Drained some out to get the level where it should be and all is well now.

Needless to say, I have no want to take my van back to them again.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,323 Posts
Got free oil changes with my van when we purchased it. After getting the first one done I noticed my van suddenly puffing blue smoke upon startup. I checked the oil only to find they had over filled it by almost a quart!
Drained some out to get the level where it should be and all is well now.

Needless to say, I have no want to take my van back to them again.
If your vehicle was financed through them, then more likely they installed a GPS/shut off device. That is the main reason they offer a free service (oil change, cat wash etc.).

They check/update this device during your visit.

After the last payment, they definitely want to retrieve this device, so they will offer a very good deal that you could not refuse.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never finance through the dealer.
They offer 3 free changes on everything they sell as a courtesy, so if it was for a device, they won't see that device back.
I will say I loved the salesman, the service department however seems to be a joke. Took almost 2 months and me calling numerous times before they actually figured out the warranty work on my hood. Turns out they knew it was approved by Chrysler for 2 weeks before anyone was actually able to get it scheduled in.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks for the review. I'm just down the road in Beloit and work in Belvidere.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it back from the warranty repair on the hood on Thursday. Look it over only to find dirt under the new paint. Now it's back at the dealership AGAIN to get the hood fixed right.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Got it back from the warranty repair on the hood on Thursday. Look it over only to find dirt under the new paint. Now it's back at the dealership AGAIN to get the hood fixed right.
WILD

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked it up for the 2nd time last week, only to find their "body shop" wet-sanded and buffed the hood instead of completely redoing it. How did I know this you ask?
Because I can clearly see the sanding marks they failed to buff out.
Now I'm waiting to hear what they're going to do about it, I told them it WILL NOT go back to their body shop again.

In the meantime I'm looking for a different dealership in the area that I can take it to when it needs work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Long_Voyager94
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing