The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all.
We are retiring the wifes 2009 Grand Caravan, It was fully loaded with everything but the kitchen sink. Would I be able to take the radio (430 REN) and put it in my work van (2010 Grand Caravan base model) The Sirius Satellite antenna is way in the back of the van. The microphone is in the rear view mirror. Would it be possible to move everything to the 2010? I don't want the dvd on the ceiling just the radio. would the reverse camera work if I swapped it with the door handle on the 2010. I know a million question, but any guidance would be appreciated.

Raymond47

·
Premium Member
2009 Chrysler Town and Country
650 Posts
Yes everything will transplant you have to get all related components such as the wiring harnesses .All the wiring should be there for the backup cam you'll just have to pay close attention when removing everything from your donor .

The mirror with the mike you'll have to get the hands free module in order for that to work which is located under the lower left dash .

I recently transplanted everything everything from a 2010 TC to my 09 TC VES system and all .I used a RER head unit and didn't have to use the HFM because it was built in the RER

But all you want do is doable if your 10 has a satellite antenna the the cable should already be there . Myself and another guy here has recently have encountered this and other transplant task with success.

He will chime in to cover anything I've missed .Good luck.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,163 Posts
It is a simple swap, and it will work. The wiring for the backup cam may or may not be there, it isn't in my 25'th anniversary edition SE.

For the 430, in order to have Uconnect you will also need the Uconnect module under the dash and the wiring for it (Which is a separate wiring piece that simply can be added. But in order for it to work you must program the CAN system to recognize the system has Uconnect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts