The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Man. Mopar. Minivan.
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I'd post this information from the 2000 model year owner's manual which should be the most current information for the 3rd generation as it is the final year. Perhaps a global moderator can make this a sticky so that it can easily accessible to all who may need it.

------------------------------
FLUID CAPACITIES
Fuel (Approximate) - 20 US Gallons (76 Liters)
Cooling System*
3.3 and 3.8 Liter Engines - 13.23 Quarts (12.5 Liters)

NOTE:
- *Includes heater and coolant recovery bottle filled to MAX level.
- Add 2.9 quarts (2.7 Liters) if equipped with a rear heater.

Engine Oil
3.3 and 3.8 Liter Engines - 4.5 Quarts (4.0 Liters)
------------------------------
SPECIFICATIONS
Oil Filter - Mopar 5281090 or Equiv.
Engine Oil - 5W-30
Automatic Transaxle Fluid - Mopar ATF+4 or ATF+4 Type 9602®
Fuel Selection - 87 octane

Copyright © 2009 DaimlerChrysler Corporation

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
What about the 3 liter?

·
Man. Mopar. Minivan.
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have your owner's manual... it should list these same specs in there.

·
youtube.com/sideburns2009
2,926 Posts
What about the 3 liter?
Someone will have to add on the 3.0 specs from a book thats not a T&C book. The T&C's never came with the 3.0, someone with a voyager or caravan be kind and look in your book. :thumb:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Does anyone know what the transmission fluid capacity is? I just had the trans serviced at the dealer (pan dropped/cleaned, filter changed, and reseal). Paperwork showed charge for 6 quarts of ATF+4. I was just wondering what the entire system holds, as I knew dropping the pan wouldn't get all the fluid out.

·
Man. Mopar. Minivan.
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just double-checked my owner's manual and it does NOT list the quantity under automatic transaxle fluid unfortunately. It just lists the specific Mopar fluid type required. You could probably call the dealer anonymously and inquire...

·
AMC Nut stuck in a Dodge
1,224 Posts
Someone will have to add on the 3.0 specs from a book thats not a T&C book. The T&C's never came with the 3.0, someone with a voyager or caravan be kind and look in your book. :thumb:
Would a 2nd gen 3.0L be any different from a 3rd gen's fluid levels?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Transmission fluid capacity on 97 3.3 Repshopmanual is 8.6 litr and change capacity is 3.85Litr.

·
2,926 Posts
Does anyone know what the transmission fluid capacity is? I just had the trans serviced at the dealer (pan dropped/cleaned, filter changed, and reseal). Paperwork showed charge for 6 quarts of ATF+4. I was just wondering what the entire system holds, as I knew dropping the pan wouldn't get all the fluid out.
I called the Dodge dealer with this question about my Dodge Ram and I got an "about" answer.....about 5 quarts but I'd buy 6 to be safe I think it can just depend. Most people drain it, then add 4 let it run til warm and check it properly then see how much they need to add after that.

·
2,926 Posts
Would a 2nd gen 3.0L be any different from a 3rd gen's fluid levels?
It's probable. I'm not sure though...this is what I found online for a 2nd gen 3.0 at autozone: Oil capacity for a 2nd gen 3.0 is 4.5 quarts with filter and it lists the transmission fluid capacity as 8.5 quarts total fill....4 quarts with filter change. For the 3rd gen 3.0 it says: 4 quarts of oil without filter (so that would be 4.5 quarts with filter...same thing) Any other fluid capacities you may wonder about, well someone on here must have a 3.0 with a manual they can look in. :biggrin:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I change the tranny fluid and filter in my 96 annually, and from experience, I can tell you that a pan drop requires 3 and 3/4 quarts of ATF.

·
Registered
11 Posts
3.3 1999 takes 3.8 lt of transmission oil

having just had a replacment transmission from a crunched grand voyager 3.3 1999 takes 3.8 lt of transmission oil and having done 400 miles will change the oil and filter just to see if its flush through anything

·
Registered
547 Posts
well I recently did the pandrop in mine, it took 5.5 qts, granted it sat for 8 months I got 5.5 qts out, had to add the same to bring it up to proper level, today I had to do it again, long story, sat sience thursday, got 5.5 out, took the same amount to bring it back up, and yes I did check it properly at warm and hot.

·
MOPAR Parts & Service Pro
3,052 Posts
When I dropped the pan and filter on my grandfather's 07 it held almost 5 quarts. I think it depends on how much you let it drain. May also depend on vehicle position as you may get more or less depending on if it is setting uphill or downhill. His was pretty much flat.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Does anyone know what the capacity and fluid type for the rear diff on an AWD is?
AWD T &C / Caravan

differential fluid 80W-90 ( .7 liter or 1.48 pints )
power transfer unit 80W-90 ( 1.15 liter or 1.22 QT )
Overrunning Clutch ATF +4 ( .58 liter or 1.22 pints )

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
25 Participants
Jeepman
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing