The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Strange 2-digit codes 4,6,37

Hi

Today I received strange issue ABS light came on - and after couple seconds didn't gone, flasher and blower has gone.
So I checked fuses replaced 2 times

Checked codes on dash and I received codes.

first time:
4 ,6, 37, 88

second reading after replacing fuses

23 : phantom code? only 2.4 engines
37 : for me applies bold
37 Shift indicator light failure, 5-speed
OR
part throttle lock/unlock solenoid driver circuit (87-89)
OR
solenoid coil circuit (85-89 Turbo I-IV)
OR
Trans temperature sensor voltage low

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
'Self Diagnosis'... or Not...

For a '98 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE w/ 3.3 L:

'Service Engine Soon' light came on during an overheating episode caused by a faulty Rad Fan Relay which has been replaced, and fans are now working as intended. It has been on since.

Carefully followed the Post #1 instructions, but could not get anything to come up for Engine / Chassis Codes. Was sure to use the ACC position.

Speaking of the ACC position, just what all is supposed to work when set to ACC; nothing seems to, that I'd have thought would, like the radio, power outlet, etc. like it did 'back in the day'.​

I was able to get the Instrumentation 'Self Diagnostics' sequence to work.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem may be? Have tried the other half dozen or so suggested procedures involving different 'key dances' with no luck.

Also haven't found the procedure to reset it other than with an OBDII Code Reader; is there a way? I would of course like to get the codes first, if any are extant, before resetting it.

While on the subject of Diagnostics...

One can easily find sources for Chrysler Voyager Service Manuals, which at least for the 1998 version call out the procedures for Instrumentation and HVAC 'Self Diagnosis', both of which are covered to various degrees in several threads on the forum [ notwithstanding it doesn't work on our '98 as noted above ]. However, when it comes to Engine and Chassis 'Fault Codes' such as those discussed herein, the Service Manual only references them, doesn't present the procedure for 'Self Diagnosis', and refers to a 'Powertrain Diagnostics Procedures' manual, which isn't near so easy to find a copy of. Anyone have a source for the 'Powertrain Diagnostics Procedures' manual? Granted that's probably overkill as the Codes are called out in numerous sources and an OBDII Code scanner will give me anything a 'Self Diagnosis' would, which I intend to pull tomorrow. Jes be nice to have the 'Self Diagnosis' capability when a scanner ain't around.

TIA,

Steve

·
Registered
84 Posts
the only actual engine light it has ever had was when the trans went out and started slipping last year..
what code did you get then, and did you do it with the odometer method or with a handheld scanner?
My trans is not acting well so I'm eager to find out what codes can show up and how they can be read.
(I have no CEL, and using the handheld scanner Actron 9575 I am not getting any codes.)

·
Registered
379 Posts
When you say ACC, you actually mean RUN (ACC is inserting the key and turning backwards) position, as ACC doesn't show the odometer. I did try several times, got only a "999" and zero two-digit or OBD-II codes. Doing the key-trick, however, yielded a Code 34 and Code 32. I concluded it doesn't work, I'll just stick with key-codes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Y'all

Yeah I know how old this is...

Recently decided to try this method AGAIN w/ the same results... ziitch… using the ACC position... w/ the Run position the dash test mode works as noted by others above...

1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager...

Now for the really entertaining HVAC self test diagnostics... sometimes one can get the lights to go out, other times ya jes have ta wait awhile til they go out on they own... AC works fine, problem occurs as need to disconnect battery for long periods...

FWIW...

sc

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
20 Participants
sc69
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing