The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008-2010 Radios

Media Center 130 (RES) - AM/FM/Single CD Player/Aux

Media Center 130 (RES + RSC) - AM/FM/Sirius/Single CD Player/Aux/Sirius(?)

Media Center 230 (REQ) - AM/FM/Sirius/6DVD Changer/Aux/Sirius(?)

Media Center 430 (REN) - AM/FM/Single DVD/Aux/HDD/Sirius(?)

Media Center 730N (RER) - AM/FM/Single DVD/Aux/HDD/GPS/Sirius(?)

RESRadio(2).jpg REQRadio(2).jpg RERRadio.jpg RENRadio.jpg RBZRadio.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
2011+ Radios

Media Center 130 (RES) - AM/FM/Single CD Player/Aux

Media Center 130 (RES + RSC) - AM/FM/Sirius/Single CD Player/Aux/Sirius(?)

Media Center 430 (RBZ) - AM/FM/Single DVD/Aux/HDD/Sirius(?)

Media Center 430N (RHB) AM/FM/Single DVD/Aux/HDD/Garmin GPS/Sirius(?)

Media Center 730N (RER) (limited availability) AM/FM/Single DVD/Aux/HDD/GPS/Sirius(?)

Media Center 730N (RHR) (late availability) AM/FM/Single DVD/Aux/HDD/GPS/Sirius(?)

RESRadio-2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How-To: Update your MyGIG

If you are experiencing problems, or just want the latest release, this is how to do it.

Install Video:

Its a good idea to watch this video once if you are hesitant to do this update.

Items required:

• MyGIG RER or REN Radio
  • Blank CD-R
  • CD Burner
  • About 15 minutes
Instructions:

1. Download the appropriate update for your MyGIG from mofv.com
    RER MyGIG
    REN MyGIG
  2. Burn the update to the CD. Make sure the 3 files are in the root directory of the CD
    Instructions
  3. Start your car
  4. Insert CD into your MyGIG
    Further Instructions/Screen Shots
  5. Select Yes on update screen
  6. Wait for Install process to complete.
  7. It is complete after it reboots the MyGIG on the last time and it asks if you want to update the MyGIG to the same version. Hit "No" and eject the CD
More information, and a dedicated MyGIG forum - http://mofv.com/mygig/

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2013 T&C. I wanted the 430N but the dealer didn't have one with the other options i wanted, like a sunroof. Since you can't add a sunroof later, i chose to go with the sunroof and forego the 430N, with the information the dealer gave me about it being easier to add later than the sunroof. I call the dealer and ask if I can swap my 430 for a 430N and pay the $895 option difference. They told me it was going to cost $2300!!! Is that ridiculous or what?!! And he admitted there is no labor involved. Just pull out the existing and plug in the new one. It's the cost of just the radio. Since this is a Chrysler product, I can't go anywhere else. Does anyone have any suggestions. I'd really like to have the factory one but that's ridiculous.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Great Posts....

as i know nothing about these things i beleive you said i could goto the RBZ does it play dvd movies right on the deck?

·
Super Moderator
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great Posts....

as i know nothing about these things i beleive you said i could goto the RBZ does it play dvd movies right on the deck?
Yes it does.

Although depending on your location, it could play only when in Park

·
Super Moderator
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can you use a 2011+ head unit in a 2008-2010 vehicle?
As far as I know!

One thing to be aware of, is that in 2012-ish they added security PINs to the radios, so if you are buying used, you will probably need to get the PIN from the seller. You know you will need the PIN as there will be "ANTITHEFT" on the faceplate of the radio

·
Registered
136 Posts
Great! Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if there were differences between the years i. e. high vs low Bus speeds etc.

As far as I know!

One thing to be aware of, is that in 2012-ish they added security PINs to the radios, so if you are buying used, you will probably need to get the PIN from the seller. You know you will need the PIN as there will be "ANTITHEFT" on the faceplate of the radio

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
6 Participants
UN4GTBL
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing