The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

641 - 660 of 676 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #641 (Edited)
Think he's just playing games. Too much Fluid Film in his drinks.
Oh no, I was just giving the raw data to Miron, to interpret, so that he would believe me. It was a skill testing question which I knew he could answer. We had discussed tire age before. :)

I was at Walmart this morning and picked up a couple 5L jugs of Valvoline 5W-30. The shelves were empty of 5W-30 but they had some out back. They had 4 of the Weathermaxx Arctic 225/65R17 tires left but there are lots at another Walmart nearby. I will pick 4 up tomorrow or Monday

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Think he's just playing games. Too much Fluid Film in his drinks.
Speaking of Fluid Film... it is time to look for it... winter is coming soon... any good deal anywhere?

·
Super Moderator
21,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #643

·
Super Moderator
21,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #644

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Undercoat my car: http://www.undercoatmycar.ca/ $10.49

Princess Auto: $13.99 on sale.
I just checked Princess Auto and the only store in Mississauga is "only" 20 Km away... and the price is $1.5 cheaper than Walmart across the street :)

$10.49 is a very good price but the delivery might kill the deal...

·
Super Moderator
21,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #646
Further to the above, I see that Walmart has reduced it Weathermaxx Arctic Winter Tire prices by about $7.00 to $9.00 with the following now applicable:
13" $35.97
14" $51.27
15" $67.47
16" $80.07
17" $88.17 (225/65R17 is a "SUV" tire, hence a little better load rating/construction)

Their Valvoline 5W-30 is on for $14.88 (5L) versus $27.97.
I bought 4 of the above 225/65R17 tires from Walmart today for $89.07 each. Maybe a little more because they are a SUV tire???
Specs:
102Q
850 kg at 51 psi
2 polyester plies sidewall
2 polyester plies, 2 steel plies, 1 nylon ply tread
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/weathermaxx-22565r17-102-q-arctic-suv-tire/6000193609303
https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/understanding-speed-ratings-load-indexes-and-service-descriptions

·
Super Moderator
21,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #647
Further to the above, I see that Walmart has reduced it Weathermaxx Arctic Winter Tire prices by about $7.00 to $9.00 with the following now applicable:
13" $35.97
14" $51.27
15" $67.47
16" $80.07
17" $88.17 (225/65R17 is a "SUV" tire, hence a little better load rating/construction)

Their Valvoline 5W-30 is on for $14.88 (5L) versus $27.97.
I bought 4 of the above 225/65R17 tires from Walmart today for $89.07 each. Maybe a little more because they are a SUV tire???
Specs:
102Q
850 kg at 51 psi
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/weathermaxx-22565r17-102-q-arctic-suv-tire/6000193609303
https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/understanding-speed-ratings-load-indexes-and-service-descriptions

There was nobody in their garage area at the time so I picked through the tires myself. I picked out 4 with the 3617 date stamp. There were some there with a 3117 stamp and even one with a 3616 stamp. It pays to sort through the tires. They didn't have their big sale in January this year so likely these were left overs.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Specs:
102Q
850 kg at 51 psi

There was nobody in their garage area at the time so I picked through the tires myself. I picked out 4 with the 3617 date stamp. There were some there with a 3117 stamp and even one with a 3616 stamp. It pays to sort through the tires. They didn't have their big sale in January this year so likely these were left overs.
Instalation and balance included? Probably not...

·
Super Moderator
21,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #649
Instalation and balance included? Probably not...
No, but I think they charge $15.00 each for their own tires.

·
Super Moderator
21,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #651

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
I would like to remove that insulation under the hood to clean the hay deposited by squirrels but I am afraid I might break again off those plastic fasteners... where could I buy that special removing tool?

·
Super Moderator
21,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #653

·
Registered
6,421 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #656
Ha, ha... Amazon says that it does not fit my 2002 T&C :Wow1: probably because my van is not red :biggrin:

Anyway... it is too expensive... Levy is right, it is cheaper to buy new clips... which brings another dilemma, there are different clips all over the van... how do I know which one to buy for the hood? :ask_wsign
I have the Dorman 49051 kit beside me, as I type. Belongs to my Son and he's as spendthrift as they come. I can now say I have found someone more so. Hallelujah, I've got to tell him. :biggrin:

Your local NAPA store may have a display kit of fasteners, if they paid the $500.00, or whatever, to get it. It'd quite handy when searching for fasteners. I imagine there is a variety of fasteners that will work, if you have one removed to compare, or a picture to compare. Many auto part stores have fasteners on display as well, even Canadian Tire, your favorite store. :)

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
I have the Dorman 49051 kit beside me, as I type. Belongs to my Son and he's as spendthrift as they come. I can now say I have found someone more so. Hallelujah, I've got to tell him. :biggrin:
You have no idea who are you dealing with from this point of view :lol:

Would you buy that kit just to remove fasteners? I don't see any personal use for the rest of the kit... even fasteners I am removing very rarely...

Your local NAPA store may have a display kit of fasteners, if they paid the $500.00, or whatever, to get it. It'd quite handy when searching for fasteners. I imagine there is a variety of fasteners that will work, if you have one removed to compare, or a picture to compare. Many auto part stores have fasteners on display as well, even Canadian Tire, your favorite store. :)
I don't have a removed clip to compare... I will ask my magic mechanic :cool:

I never saw such a display anywhere, including my favorite store CT ... probably the dealer would ask $10 for a clip... or more :ninja:

·
Super Moderator
21,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #658
You are making this too difficult, spending more time on it than the tool(s) would cost. Buy on sale and sell at a Flee Market plus pocket some extra cash. Princess Auto has a sale coming up, a ss pry bar for less than $5.00. That works around door panels and things. File a notch in it for your purposes.

Wait a minute, I think I have a less expensive approach which should make you happy:

Step 1: Go to where they have the coin operated vacuum cleaners. When a customer is finished, rush over and use up the remaining time to vacuum out the hay. Should only take a few seconds.

Step 2:
Plan A - buy some Skunk'Um (don't buy the hat) and spray it on the hood insulation material. https://www.predatorpeestore.com/skunk-um.html
Plan B - if Plan A is too expensive, take a drive down the highway and locate a freshly run over skunk (day old may be even better). Place in a used ziplock bag and return home. Place bag on top of battery and tie it down with string. If string to too expensive, go to the back yard and dig up some roots, to use as tie downs.

That's about it for the least expensive approach. :happy1:

I gotta go do some shopping. :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
21,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #659
Keep in mind Miron, that when solving a problem, determining the "root cause" is important. You might be replacing fasteners forever. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #660
641 - 660 of 676 Posts
About this Discussion
675 Replies
32 Participants
Jeepman
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing