The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I had the fright of my life today. I have a 2008 grand caravan se and today on my way home with my 4 children my van just lost all power. I couldn't steer I couldn't push my brakes. I was able to turn my van off and restart it up. But it kept doing it. And I noticed it shaking real bad when I would be at low speed or stopped at a red light or a stop sign. I've only had her for a few months. I've already had to fix a few things on her. And it still shakes and just today it turned off and I lost power to my engine. Because my lights and radio was still on. Any help. Please

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4.0
691 Posts
Depending on which engine you have, it sounds like an ignition coil or coil pack went bad. That happened to my wife a couple years ago when she went to work. I had our oldest daughter drive me down there so I could drive it home since she was afraid to drive it. It had triggered an engine code for that cylinder. I replaced that cylinder's ignition coil and the problem went away until the next one died. After that, I replaced the rest of them.

·
Registered
04 Chrysler Town and Country AWD 200,000+ miles
23 Posts
Any weird electrical issues you've noticed since getting the van? Things like the radio and other things powering off randomly? I know the 4th gens have an issue with corrosion on the ground cable causing engine shut off and power flickers in the van. If you have any check engine lights on start there first, take it to your local auto parts store and most will scan the codes for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts