The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Thursday I purchased a used 2018 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4X4 (with the 5.7 Hemi). I have been eyeing options with more towing capacity than my van for awhile now and finally decided to pull the trigger on a replacement for my 2011 Town and Country. The van has served me well in the almost 6 years I've owned it, and still runs great with 146K miles on it. When I get a replacement for my lost title, it'll go up for sale and hopefully provide someone else with a few more years of good service. Since I still have another van (the Pacifica) I expect I'll still be here from time to time... maybe the 6th gen forums will eventually get a bit more activity.

As for the truck, I really like it. It is not as bad on gas as I expected, and it's got a very quiet and smooth highway ride. Towing my popup should be a breeze, and when I upgrade to something else, now I have the right vehicle to tow it :) I'll miss the significantly smaller size of the van, and all the seating... but we still have my wife's van if I really need that. Here are a couple pics from Thursday when I picked it up:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Very nice. The MDS is a bonus for hwy MPG. Towing a pop-up would be nothing at all. We tow a long livestock trailer with ours. The HEMI makes things feel like nothing is behind you ... that is until you need to brake. So, don't forget the pop-up is behind you when towing.

For the added touch, get a set of Westin Stainless Steel running boards. (y)
https://www.westinautomotive.com/platinum-4-oval-nerf-step-bars/2018/ram/1500

We love these running boards. These are VERY helpful and don't stick out a mile. Not even a lick of wind noise at any speed either. Takes 30mins perside to install. No drilling either. Mounts to the OE setup locations!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mopar, I already ordered some black running boards... I think they'll look nice on the black truck. But it really does need some running boards.

·
Super Moderator
21,769 Posts
Nice truck. The RAM trucks look so solid and smooth at the same time..

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats!

Looks like it's well equipped
Thanks! It has most of the features I'm used to... auto temp, heated wheel/seats and uconnect 8.4. The parking sensors are really nice as well with such a huge vehicle. I wish it had blind spot sensors and adaptive cruise, but getting those in a truck really ups the price.. and didn't seem worth it to me. Plus the large mirrors mean blind spots are very small anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts