The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting code p2305 & p0302, replaced spark plug & coil on plug for cyclinder 2, also replaced harness for injectors & coil on plugs. after all that the code is still active & wont clear , you can definitely feel the motor misfiring from inside the vehicle. before i jump in and take apart the rest of the harness , does anyone have any other suggestions. ? the pcm has already been replaced months ago for previous issues.

·
Premium Member
2009 Chrysler Town and Country
698 Posts
im getting code p2305 & p0302, replaced spark plug & coil on plug for cyclinder 2, also replaced harness for injectors & coil on plugs. after all that the code is still active & wont clear , you can definitely feel the motor misfiring from inside the vehicle. before i jump in and take apart the rest of the harness , does anyone have any other suggestions. ? the pcm has already been replaced months ago for previous issues.
You might want to check the compression on said cylinders . See what they are blowing .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont have a compression gauge handy at the moment , just noticed on scanner inj #2 pulse width is 0 , just came back from a 5 hour road trip and had no issues until the next day . then on the way back the check eng light came on and went off by itself. if it was a compression issue wouldnt it be a constant issue.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,437 Posts
Clear codes.
Mark the coils of #2 (front left) and #5 (rear right). Swap them to other cylinders. If the misfire moves, it's the coil.
If it doesn't, do the same with the spark plugs. If it moves, replace and gap (.043") all spark plugs.
If it doesn't, do the same with the injectors. If it moves, replace the injector.
If it doesn't, go ahead and crap your pants because this is where it gets expensive and/or time consuming.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
swapped plugs,injector,& coil on plug with another cyclinder. misfire stays on cyclinder 2 , replaced the purge valve for the **** of it but didnt fix it . ive tryed everything i can think of , i briefly looked at the harness and somehow now i have a code for transmission fluid pressure sensor to go along with p0302 & p2305. 2 weeks ago the check eng light would come on & off by itself , now it stays on and wont allow the codes to be erased at all .

·
Premium Member
2009 Chrysler Town and Country
698 Posts
swapped plugs,injector,& coil on plug with another cyclinder. misfire stays on cyclinder 2 , replaced the purge valve for the **** of it but didnt fix it . ive tryed everything i can think of , i briefly looked at the harness and somehow now i have a code for transmission fluid pressure sensor to go along with p0302 & p2305. 2 weeks ago the check eng light would come on & off by itself , now it stays on and wont allow the codes to be erased at all .
You might want to check. oh nevermind you already addressed that.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,437 Posts
I had misread the codes before. I thought you had said P0305 instead of P2305. Both of your codes are for cylinder #2 (front closest to pulleys). P0302 is just a misfire. P2305 is a coil secondary circuit failure.

Since it is the secondary circuit, it may be a defective spark plug or damaged spark plug boot (the rubber end of the coil with a spring in it). Replace that plug and swap the coil with another. Clear the codes and run and it should be gone (plug was bad) or moved to a different cylinder (coil is bad), if not it's wiring or PCM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts