The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,740 Posts
Well, I guess Peak should be a better option, Prestone only guarantee it's product for 1,000,000 miles.

But for some reason, I only use Prestone antifreeze.

That product you proudly mentioned, can not be safely used on diesel engines, I would think.
Product Information: https://peakauto.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/201902_ARF27637_PEAK-GLOBAL-AFC-SPEC-SHEET-R6.pdf
Engineered for use in all passenger cars, SUVs, motorcycles and light/medium duty trucks, regardless of make, model, year or antifreeze/coolant in the system.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,549 Posts
Strange, they forgot to mention heavy trucks.

Heavy trucks only use OAT, nothing else.

Yes, you can use any kind of antifreeze in diesel engines, but using other than OAT will slowly kill the piston sleeves.

If you ask me, OAT is the best you can use in any engine. For gasoline engine, any good quality antifreeze should be OK.

Anyways, this is what I've said:

That product you proudly mentioned, can not be safely used on diesel engines, I would think.

·
Super Moderator
23,740 Posts
Strange, they forgot to mention heavy trucks.

Heavy trucks only use OAT, nothing else.

Yes, you can use any kind of antifreeze in diesel engines, but using other than OAT will slowly kill the piston sleeves.

If you ask me, OAT is the best you can use in any engine. For gasoline engine, any good quality antifreeze should be OK.

Anyways, this is what I've said:
It's an OAT.
PEAK Global® LifeTime® Antifreeze + Coolant features an advanced organic acid technology that provides guaranteed lifetime protection for as long as you own your vehicle!* Its specially-engineered formula will provide maximum protection against damaging rust and corrosion in all automobiles and light/medium duty trucks worldwide, regardless of make, model, year or original antifreeze color
HOAT is actually an OAT with some small percentages of silicates in it.

IAT is inorganic product, known as "original green" (in simpler times). The Zerex OG product is actually long life these days, 5 years/100,000 miles and id recommended for diesels as well
:

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,549 Posts
It's an OAT.

HOAT is actually an OAT with some small percentages of silicates in it.

IAT is inorganic product, known as "original green" (in simpler times). The Zerex OG product is actually long life these days, 5 years/100,000 miles and id recommended for diesels as well
:

The original green is a different product!

RECOMMENDED FOR ALL AUTOMOBILES
AND LIGHT DUTY TRUCKS WITH
THE FOLLOWING ANTIFREEZE
SPECIFICATIONS:
• Chrysler MS7170
• Chrysler MS9769
• Chrysler MS12106
• Ford ESE M97B44-A
• Ford WSS-M97B44-D
• Ford WSS-M97B51-A1
• GM 1825M
• GMW3420
• Mercedes Benz DBL 7700
• ASTM D3306
• ASTM D4985

·
Super Moderator
23,740 Posts
The original green is a different product!

RECOMMENDED FOR ALL AUTOMOBILES
AND LIGHT DUTY TRUCKS WITH
THE FOLLOWING ANTIFREEZE
SPECIFICATIONS:
• Chrysler MS7170
• Chrysler MS9769
• Chrysler MS12106
• Ford ESE M97B44-A
• Ford WSS-M97B44-D
• Ford WSS-M97B51-A1
• GM 1825M
• GMW3420