The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,555 Posts
My hobby is playing with electricity.

Here, I had a 200 Amp. 1 phase control box. I was just about to throw it away as the inside wasn't good anymore. Thos box only had one 200 Amp. main breaker + 8 more breakers.

I have a Three Phase Power Conditioner that I don't need anymore.

I removed one of the Breaker Bus Panels from that power conditioner (have three) and installed it inside the 200 Amp. breaker box.

Perfect fit. I then eliminate one of the bus bars so I can have 1 phase 240 voltage and 28 breakers. Correction: 42 Breakers.

Installed it on my Standby Generator.

I then installed a 12 Ga. Extension Cord Reel (yellow thing). On this power cord, I have 120/240 volts, as needed.

·
Super Moderator
22,857 Posts
That's "shocking" LEVY. Hope you know what you are doing. With that generator capability, you must be expecting an ice storm. :D

I must say it sure looks impressive.The panel has lots of surplus breaker capacity. Are those worm type clamps I see you're using on one of the conduits? No, I must be mistaken. :p

Bottom Line: Great job!

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,555 Posts
That's "shocking" LEVY. Hope you know what you are doing. With that generator capability, you must be expecting an ice storm. :D

I must say it sure looks impressive.The panel has lots of surplus breaker capacity. Are those worm type clamps I see you're using on one of the conduits? No, I must be mistaken. :p

Bottom Line: Great job!

What are you talking about?

I think you are seeing things.

·
Super Moderator
22,857 Posts
What are you talking about?

I think you are seeing things.
Maybe they were just worms that I saw. Sorry for alarming you. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,857 Posts
Now you really alarmed me, I hate worms.. :oops:
Guess you aren't a fisherman. Neither is Miron, come to think of it. Maybe he doesn't like worms either. :) What's with you guys? :)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts