The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,857 Posts
That's an attractive looking hobby.

One hobby I have had over several years is making golf clubs, using components sourced from both the US and Canada.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics don't do them justice, when the light hits them they just "come alive"

The globe has over 100 ft of wire!

I have arthritis in my hands, and for some reason its good for my hands.

Then the wife says there are too many trees in the house ... so off they go!

Hoping to find someone that sells on e-bay and try them there

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love hunting, in addition to my hobby for my car. My brother and his friends often go on a deer hunt, but last year he invited me for the first time. I first hunted with a bow. My friends and I prefer rifles, but bow hunting is much more interesting. I plan to go to the next hunt with them in May, but for this I need to choose my first bow. I read a lot about sas compound bow, here https://hikezone.org/best-beginner-compound-bow/ . This is an article guide which is very helpful for a newbie. I need an inexpensive and easy-to-use bow for a beginner. I also love the outdoors, which we combine with hunting. A couple of days of living in the woods in a hunting lodge or in tents help morally take a break from problems.

·
Loveably weird
309 Posts
Model railroading.
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-union-pacific-soggy-bottoms-division-ho-scale.26206/

I recently tore down the layout as SWMBO said I could use the main room in the basement for a new 19 x 7 foot layout! Now everything's apart, but I'm not sure how I want to do the benchwork for the new one. Thinking of going with L-girder construction, do an internet search for that term it will explain it better than I could.
I also recently got a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer EXT LS 4x4, so now I have another hobby! :bcyclop:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Snowmobiling, ATVing, Power Boating, Kayak/Canoeing. I even got a little 12 volt electric motor that clamps onto my 3 seater canoe. Work hard and play hard is the theme in my up north woods...

·
Super Moderator
22,857 Posts
Spent part of the morning working with my Son, taking a clothes washer apart. Broken "spider" at the drum bearing. Too expensive a repair to bother fixing as a new drum etc. has to be purchased for that model (Frigidaire). Unit is 18 years old and has needed repairs over the years. Belt drive, a direct drive would be a better unit.

Downhill ski in the winter, but crashed* on Wednesday. Next week should be fine.

* A hidden tree root on the side of a groomed trail will do it.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got 'permission" to get some stones from Oak island !

They are also going to buy some trees for the gift shop.

Will go out after the ice/snow clears up.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Super Moderator
22,857 Posts

You should be looking for treasure, i.e. the money pit, loot, that Captain Kid buried, instead of stones. Stones from the beach?? What are you going to do with them?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You should be looking for treasure, i.e. the money pit, loot, that Captain Kid buried, instead of stones. Stones from the beach?? What are you going to do with them?
033.jpg

I make wire trees

Should sell well as a souvenir and art at the farmers markets and craft sales i go to

·
Registered
495 Posts
Greetings. Other than CeeVee my Grand Caravan, I’m a Sound and Lighting Engineer. (I only capitalize since I have degrees.) Here are a couple of views from my perspective.

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,446 Posts
My YJ is my main hobby. At this point, I just drive it around Iowa. It’ll stay mostly stock, though a 2.5 inch lift and some shiny wheels are in it’s future. It has 249k miles and is mostly original. I am the 6th owner, and this Jeep has been owned in CO, ID, WY, ND, TX and it also spent time in Mexico. It’s had quite the life!

I vegetable garden some as well.
48036BAB-050E-4212-AD98-F32B155408B0.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
22,857 Posts
My YJ is my main hobby. At this point, I just drive it around Iowa. It’ll stay mostly stock, though a 2.5 inch lift and some shiny wheels are in it’s future. It has 249k miles and is mostly original. I am the 6th owner, and this Jeep has been owned in CO, ID, WY, ND, TX and it also spent time in Mexico. It’s had quite the life!

I vegetable garden some as well.
View attachment 57171 View attachment 57171 View attachment 57172
Looking a little Renegade-ish. What engine?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts