The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Drivin' Maniac
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over the years I saved links to many topics, both for myself and to refer to others.

Just tried to look for one, and the links for all saved with the old forum software are broken!

I tried SEARCHING for just the title and the SEARCH COMMUNITY didn't find the links either.

Have we LOST all that accumulated wisdom???? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just checked some bookmarks for other AG forums that have switched to Xenforo...THOSE work. ??????

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,506 Posts
I recently posted a link for the old advanced search, it was working. It was quickly shut down right after I posted.

Got the new one but will not post it yet.

·
Drivin' Maniac
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would have thought that the Topic Title would have found it. :mad:

+++++++++++++

Well, Google to the rescue. 🤭 By searching the old TITLE prefaced by 'ChryslerMinivan.net:' the link came up.

Now I just need to spend time converting my bookmarks.😫

·
Super Moderator
6,204 Posts
I would have thought that the Topic Title would have found it. :mad:

+++++++++++++

Well, Google to the rescue. 🤭 By searching the old TITLE prefaced by 'ChryslerMinivan.net:' the link came up.

Now I just need to spend time converting my bookmarks.😫
Google is probably the best way to search forums if I'm honest. Just put in the phrase you want, and then "site:chryslerminivan.net" and it will only search here :)

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,506 Posts
Google is probably the best way to search forums if I'm honest. Just put in the phrase you want, and then "site:chryslerminivan.net" and it will only search here :)
You are correct, that is the reason some sites give you the option of search google (have you noticed?)

I don't thing it is necessary to include site:, just the website address.

·
Drivin' Maniac
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Drivin' Maniac
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That last link (center console bulb repair) has php in it, and IT works. ?????

As I said, other AG forums that have converted to Xenforo seem to work OK with past bookmarks going back a decade or more.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,506 Posts
That last link (center console bulb repair) has php in it, and IT works. ?????

As I said, other AG forums that have converted to Xenforo seem to work OK with past bookmarks going back a decade or more.
Where?

chryslerminivan-dot-net/threads/center-console.10395/

I meant .php in the link address as a part of the address.

·
Drivin' Maniac
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I hover my cursor over that link (and the others) in my post, it shows a .php in the address. If I click on it, the topic opens but the php is gone. The links that DON'T work show the 'Oops!' notation and the php remains in the addy.

This is beyond my knowledge.... 😫

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,506 Posts
If I hover my cursor over that link (and the others) in my post, it shows a .php in the address. If I click on it, the topic opens but the php is gone. The links that DON'T work show the 'Oops!' notation and the php remains in the addy.

This is beyond my knowledge.... 😫
Weird, but I don't see a .php anywhere in your link.

When you "hover" over a link, it only shows the name of that page, not the actual link.

See, when you are building a webpage, you have three options (three lines) for a link.

1.- Write the link address. (mandatory)
2.- Write what you want visitors to see as a link: center console bulb repair
3.- Write what you want visitors to see when they "hover" over the link: whatever you are seeing when you hover center console bulb repair

#3 is what you are seeing when you hover, is not the actual link address.

·
Administrator
457 Posts

·
Drivin' Maniac
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Jeff, hopefully there will be a 'global' fix that will not require fixing each link individually!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts