The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to help me with my problems. I have a few but I’ll worry about the main 2 right now. I have a 2014 Chrysler Town and Country Touring van. I start the car up from park in the morning and my car is revving at 1500RPM, without me doing anything but turning the key over. The fluids are perfect, so what am I missing?
Second issue is the electrical wall outlet in the back on the side panel. My kids wanted to play Xbox on our 12 hour trip, but realized it doesn’t work. I tried many different cords and it’s the plug. I have no idea where my fuses are in this van in order for me to check that.. and my tail light went out - I ordered 2 from Amazon that “should’ve” fit just right but they main connection line won’t snap into place!
Typically I’d take it to a mechanic but I’m a single mama and I’m also caring for my disabled mother, so I don’t really have that kind of money to spend on it. If someone can help me figure out how to do the repairs myself- I’D BE SOOOO GRATEFUL!
Thank you again. Hannah

·
Registered
2019 DGCGT flex fuel, 15K miles.
363 Posts
Assuming you just found this problem and you haven't any additional information, I would do the Chrysler "TIPM universal reset" as stated below from a different thread.
If you have questions about this procedure, just ask.

Note - Working around batteries with metal tools can be dangerous, if you haven't ever worked on batteries in cars before find someone knowledgeable to show you how to do it safely and always wear eye protection when working around car batteries!
Have you tried the battery lobotomy to reset the TIPM? Remove one of the battery cables and hold it to the other for a while to discharge capacitors that still hold a charge in the computers. Don't worry, with one cable disconnected there is no power circuit and won't be any sparks or damage. Pull both if paranoid. :p

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited 4.0
718 Posts
There's a fuse for the outlets, the fuse box is in the engine compartment on the left (driver's) side. The inside of the fuse box lid had a diagram for all of the fuses. When our outlets stopped working, I found a blown fuse. They're fairly easy to replace, there's even a fuse puller inside the fuse box.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,573 Posts
Welcome.

Regarding the power outlet, make sure the on-off switch under the AC controls is set to the on position.

For everything else, try the previously suggested reset procedure.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts