The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
IPM is the Integrated Power Module, which is Chrysler's name for the fuse box.

·
Super Moderator
1,769 Posts
...when you refer the the IPM you say you need to remove the battery. Is this the same as the TIPM? Because TIPM is next to the battery...
What you are calling the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) is actually the IPM (Integrated Power Module). The TIPM didn't appear until the 2008 model year.

You need to remove the battery so you can flip the IPM to remove it, see this quote from another thread:

To pull IPM, you need to do the following:

1) Remove battery.

2) Release the IPM latch and tilt IPM towards the battery spot

3) Disconnect electrical connectors

4) Remove grey retaining clips on IPM hinges

5) Slide IPM out of hinges.

Takes about 20 mins.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What you are calling the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) is actually the IPM (Integrated Power Module). The TIPM didn't appear until the 2008 model year.

You need to remove the battery so you can flip the IPM to remove it, see this quote from another thread:
@George F ok thanks, I see now that @cvguy was meaning to remove the entire IPM to open it up and clean the inside connections.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hello everyone , I ran out of fuel, fuel gage was not correct, my son put in 2 gallon. I then filled it up, It stalled and won't start again. I had it towed home. Thinking it was a bad fuel pump or dirty filter, I replaced them both. The van will not crank or start. It has no security or chip key. I jump pump relay socket 30 & 87 on fuse/relay box and disconnected line catch the fuel into a bottle so it is working. I jump starter 87 & 30 the starter is very strong. I replaced the ignition switch, someone told me to, but still won't start. 3.3 v6 flex, 140k, no code reading on OBD2. Please help. Thank you for a reply.
Update
I replaced the PCM. The engine cranked and started and is now running great. Thank everyone for your help to solve my Van no crank problem.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Great news!
I am glad you got her running again.
Funny how by coincidence it seemed to run out of fuel and then one thing led to another.

Thanks for letting us know how it all turned out.
Cheers!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
11 Participants
dereiddodge49
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing