The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have googled this but haven't come up with answer. Once you park and remove the load from vehicle with Nivomats, how long do they take to return to normal ride height. Is it like 5 minutes, an hour? I would assume it would come down right away if you drive the car but I need to know the parked bleed down time.

Cross posting to 3rd and 5th gen

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
No one wants to read or follow three of these, man.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have googled this but haven't come up with answer. Once you park and remove the load from vehicle with Nivomats, how long do they take to return to normal ride height. Is it like 5 minutes, an hour? I would assume it would come down right away if you drive the car but I need to know the parked bleed down time.

Cross posting to 3rd and 5th gen
It's instantaneous...

As the springs raise the vehicle as the load is removed, they dump.

-------------
Un petit d'un petit S'étonne aux Halles
Un petit d'un petit Ah! degrés te fallent
-------------
Old French Proverb

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks sirtate. Exactly what I needed to know. I have a motorcycle carrier that lifts from bottom of the frame. If the Nivomats had taken a long time to return to stock height when parked, then after the bike was lowered back onto its wheels I would not have been able to get it off the carrier right away.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nivomats won't maintain stock height once they start losing their pneumatic support (pressurized nitrogen)… I switched to non-Nivomat coil springs along with conventional shock absorbers which more than restored rear ride height and support. The Mexican made Sachs Nivomats had blown out all of their damping fluid as well by about 30,000 miles after towing a small camper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts