The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2008 T&C Touring for $2000. I knew the van had some issues but not sure the cause. It is very clear this van was used and abused. No power to the doors. No power sliding, no power windows, no power locks. Both sides. The power liftgate seems to work (makes noise) but I have to replace the arm for the power lift/close. Could it be the harnesses for both side doors are bad?

Also the power lock on the driver door doesn't work. Windows go up and down. The passenger side works.

I also noticed the lift gate won't lock.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts
Try the rear door lock-out switch above the rearview mirror.

Reactions: Mtfix20

·
Registered
2008 Town and Country 3.8L
59 Posts
You can try what Sienile said, it might just be that simple lol. From my limited knowledge - it seems that you’re having electrical issues. Most of them relate to the sliding doors so I would check the fuses and other “simple” things like a visual inspection before moving further.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try the rear door lock-out switch above the rearview mirror.
It definitely isn't the switch. I had a 2013 with same features.

I am checking the fuses in the morning. I did a quick glance and they seemed fine but going to replace them anyways just to see.

·
Vendor
1,591 Posts
It definitely isn't the switch. I had a 2013 with same features.

I am checking the fuses in the morning. I did a quick glance and they seemed fine but going to replace them anyways just to see.
I’ve missed bad fuses doing quick glances as well.

Electrical issues are the worst to figure out. Keep us posted what you find. I’m wondering if there is a bad control module related to all of these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Town & Country
197 Posts
With the multiple electrical issues you’re dealing with, it seems you’ll need a wiring diagram to determine if there are any common intersection points; otherwise you’re kinda just throwing darts in the dark.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,573 Posts
Start with the basics. Disconnect one battery cable and with that cable touch the other cable.

It might help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts