·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY 12 TSB 18-104-15
MY 13 TSB 18-099-15
MY 14 TSB 18-069-15A
MY 15 TSB 18-017-15A

A small number of customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)
illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find the following Diagnostic
Trouble Code (DTC):
· **U0140 - Lost Communication With Body Control Module (BCM)**
· P0108 - Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Circuit High
· P0441 - Evap Purge System Performance
· P06DE - Engine Oil Pressure Control Circuit Stuck On
· P06DA - Engine Oil Pressure Control Circuit
· P0420 - Catalyst Efficiency (Bank 1) sets in temperatures of 85° F (29° C) or higher
· P0430 - Catalyst Efficiency (Bank 2) sets in temperatures of 85° F (29° C) or higher
· P0133 - O2 Sensor 1/1 Slow Response
· P0153 - O2 Sensor 2/1 Slow Response
· P0300 - Multiple Cylinder Misfire
· P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire
· P0302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire
· P0303 - Cylinder 3 Misfire
· P0304 - Cylinder 4 Misfire
· P0305 - Cylinder 5 Misfire
· P0306 - Cylinder 6 Misfire
· P113D - O2 Sensor 1/1 Slow Response (High Frequency)
· P113E - O2 Sensor 2/1 Slow Response (High Frequency)
18-104-15 -2-
In addition to the DTCs listed above, the software update will improve:
· **Garage shift engagements into Drive (D) may be harsh at times after shutdowns of
10-30 minute duration.**
· Improved Cruise Control Acceleration mode.
· Harsh 1-3 upshift while operating in Economy (ECO) mode.
· Harsh 2-3 upshift while operating in normal mode.
· Long crank times after an overnight soak when temperatures are between 14° F and
41° F (-10° C to 5° C). This condition is noticeable when E85 fuel is being used.
· Tugging or a fish bite sensation while driving down the road under a very light
throttle at a steady state. This is most noticeable when temperatures are between
32° F and 86° F (0° C and 30° C).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Can everyone get this update? Or does it only apply to certain vin numbers?

My van goes in next week to address a possible tranny leak, so may inquire into this.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Would be nice if they had one for the '11.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I did the update with the TSB Number: 18-069-15 a couple months back. Now, there is a revision to it, 18-069-15A based on the posted info above.

Hopefully the dealer will be nice and flash it for me since I am at 36,500 miles now...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Wouldn't it apply to the powertrain warranty?

·
Registered
659 Posts
How does one request they flash the PCM?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have heard that they only apply TSB's during the 3yr/36,000 bumper to bumper...:(
That doesn't sound right at all. TSBs apply to all vehicles, regardless of mileage. Who foots the bill, that's a different story.

·
Super Moderator
4,774 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
That doesn't sound right at all. TSBs apply to all vehicles, regardless of mileage. Who foots the bill, that's a different story.
...right, I should have included applying the update "for free"

I have an appt today at 3pm at the dealer that did the last PCM update, hopefully they just take care of it for no charge, I will let you all know tonight. :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
...right, I should have included applying the update "for free"

I have an appt today at 3pm at the dealer that did the last PCM update, hopefully they just take care of it for no charge, I will let you all know tonight. :thumb:
Any news? I'd also like to update but don't really want to pay an arm and a leg to get it done!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You must specify one of the errors described in the TSB, eg hard switching. I had to pay nothing.

FAILURE CODE:
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and if the dealer finds a software update to correct that issue, use failure Code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
· If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
· If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.

CC Customer Concern
RF Routine Flash

·
Registered
470 Posts
Interesting turn of events...

Stopped into my "backup" dealer for my appt and had them check to see if my van was eligible for the latest rev. A PCM flash...nothing available at this time!!! I had him check twice, even gave him the TSB, still nothing, the comp said I had the latest flash already. The odd thing is that I could not get out of him what TSB/flash was applied back in November (same guy, same dealer). My invoice only shows "Flash" in one of the jobs completed.

After a little detective work I think I know what happened though. I went into the dealer on Nov 25th to get the initial PCM flash we were all alerted to back then. Looking at the release date code it said "Oct 1, 2015." Looking at the date code on the latest rev. A TSB, it has a date of Nov 21, 2015. Based on timing it would seem that I received rev. A...

So he simply did a reset/relearn on the PCM and told me to see how it handles. I am going to call my normal dealer and have them check my VIN to get to the bottom of this. I did not pay a dime for the reset/relearn :thumb:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Do you ever just wanna scream "Just freaking do it, I'm not coming back here just cause some information is vague!!!"?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Do you ever just wanna scream "Just freaking do it, I'm not coming back here just cause some information is vague!!!"?
I was trying my best not to get aggravated for sure, just kept cool and talking with curiosity.

It is driving pretty nice though...the upshifts from 1-2 and 2-3 are smoother, and I have not gotten the P-D clunk. I am still intently watching/feeling for the 3-2 downshift stutter/lag that I developed a month ago though. It hasn't done it since the relearn yesterday so we will see if it comes back.

Its almost like these transmissions need to be reset every other month to drive smooth...:jpshakehe

·
Registered
470 Posts
After driving my van for one week I can say the update and reset as done wonders for the shifting. All gear changes are smooth. The clunk is gone. The stutter is gone with the 3-2 downshift.

Last night I brought the wife's (2013) van in for the update (also got the HVAC update). I did not get clunk while driving to a couple different stores around town, very happy.

Both updates were applied for free.

I wonder what the service guys think every time I come in and give them the actual TSB that needs to be applied versus "...its making a weird noise..." or "...its acting funny..." type of descriptions...haha.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts