The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a broken plastic piece that is part of my cooling system and I can't find what that part is called. I need to replace it but haven't been able to find a diagram anywhere that tells me what this piece is called. It's connected to a hose back near the firewall. It has some clamps on it to hold the hoses. Anyone know what this is called? See pic. Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Are you referring to the Y piece? If so, it is common to replace it with a metal version. I got a pair of them from eBay. I believe Dorman also sells them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, I actually replaced that Y with a brass fitting. This is behind the Y closer to the firewall. the bottom pipe that connects to it looks aluminum and looks like it snaps onto the piece I need to replace. The top part looks like a hard plastic piece as well. The Y piece is just out of the photo on the left with the new clamps you see by my thumb.

·
Registered
1993 PGV LE 3.3 Cargo
83 Posts
It looks like the Aux heater hose and return Y pipes. There are two of them, they come in a kit.
[ More Information for DORMAN 626315HP ]
The set (from rockauto) runs about $68.00.

What year is your mightyvan? And does it, as I suspect, have rear heat?
I found this pipe under Heating & Air Conditioning for a 2016 T&C (YMMV).

-- EDIT --
Here's the same pipe set for a 2008:
[ More Information for DORMAN 626307HP ]
Also right around $68.00 for the set.

·
3rd gen > all others
2,612 Posts
I've read the Dorman kit is low quality, at least the hoses are. Yes, that is the second "Y" in the rear heater system. I replaced a pair of them in a friend's van with a couple of kits from Ebay sold by Gzukoff on this forum. They are cast aluminum, to play nice with the other materials in the cooling system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, this is exactly what I'm looking for. My Van is a 2008 just like your second link. Thanks!

It looks like the Aux heater hose and return Y pipes. There are two of them, they come in a kit.
[ More Information for DORMAN 626315HP ]
The set (from rockauto) runs about $68.00.

What year is your mightyvan? And does it, as I suspect, have rear heat?
I found this pipe under Heating & Air Conditioning for a 2016 T&C (YMMV).

-- EDIT --
Here's the same pipe set for a 2008:
[ More Information for DORMAN 626307HP ]
Also right around $68.00 for the set.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know, I'll check out all my options
Thanks!

I've read the Dorman kit is low quality, at least the hoses are. Yes, that is the second "Y" in the rear heater system. I replaced a pair of them in a friend's van with a couple of kits from Ebay sold by Gzukoff on this forum. They are cast aluminum, to play nice with the other materials in the cooling system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you think I could just replace it with a brass tee like the other Y? I have 5/8 tubing left over from the last Y.

·
3rd gen > all others
2,612 Posts
I think the only other metal in the cooling system is the iron block, and aluminum. I did not want to introduce a 3rd metal into the system and risk electrolysis and uneven corrosion of parts in the cooling system, so I stuck with aluminum. There are debates over it in the other threads about this "Y" failure, so this is just my opinion. Yes brass will fit, but is it the best material long term?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay I read the other posts about the different materials. I'm just going to play it safe and buy two aluminum "Y's" and replace the brass "T" I installed. They only $15 each without the hoses. Thanks again everyone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts