The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Mystery connector in engine compartment (near drivers side firewall)

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jrb98391 
#1 ·
2001 Chrysler T&C LXi. I am preparing to reassemble the upper intake after rebuilding the fuel injector wiring harness. I am pretty confident that I can reverse all the steps to put it all back together. But today, I saw this connector on the drivers side under the master cylinder and steering columns. I sure do not recall disconnecting this...and it appears to be tied off. Can anyone help identify?

See less See more
#3 ·
I can't tell for sure from the pictures how many pins the connector has. If you can provide that info plus if you can see any of the wire colors going to that connector, that should help identify what it may be. I use the Mopar Connector Repair website to track down "mystery" connectors.

#4 ·
It might be for the hood switch. My 2001 didn't have a hood switch, but it had the connector for it, it was located in the general area yours is.

#5 ·
Looks like it slides onto something, a battery tray temperature sensor maybe? Just a wild guess.

Reactions: Simpleton7016
#7 ·
georgef is most likely correct regarding the hood switch but if you could give us a guess as to the wire colors that would help a lot. The wires in your pictures are too much out of focus to be able to identify the colors. If it's the hood switch connector then ASAIK the wires should be violet with a light blue stripe and black with a light blue stripe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.