The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the Detroit Free Press article:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070713/BUSINESS01/707130366/1014

"...new Dodge and Chrysler minivans, which will begin hitting showrooms in August and September, will have thousands of dollars in extra content and cost thousands of dollars less than current models...."

"...Chrysler says it hopes to price its minivans closer to what they actually sell for and to use fewer incentives on the vehicles, which are among Chrysler's top sellers."​

On that second point...good luck with that. Seems to me anytime any of the automakers have done that, they have ended up having to eventually reintroduce incentives, which inevitably drives up prices.

·
GC Carl
1,680 Posts
WHEN will the Official Chrysler web sites have pricing/options data?

Check out the Detroit Free Press article:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070713/BUSINESS01/707130366/1014

"...new Dodge and Chrysler minivans, which will begin hitting showrooms in August and September, will have thousands of dollars in extra content and cost thousands of dollars less than current models...."​
"...Chrysler says it hopes to price its minivans closer to what they actually sell for and to use fewer incentives on the vehicles, which are among Chrysler's top sellers."
On that second point...good luck with that. Seems to me anytime any of the automakers have done that, they have ended up having to eventually reintroduce incentives, which inevitably drives up prices.

I don't understand how Chrysler can have MSRP comparable to the over-rated Odyssey and Sienna and still give $ 3,000 or $ 4,000 rebates. :help_wsig The $ 4,900 rebate on the 1999 GC SE caused me to walk away from our $ 500 deposit on a 1999 Granite Green Odyssey LX placed March 16, 1999 and buy the loaded 1999 GC SE 4 days later on March 20, 1999.

Our 2nd daughter is still driving the 99 GC with 100,200 miles on it. :thumb: BTW, the MSRP of the 99 GC SE was $ 27,490 which is about the same as a 2005 GC SXT was in early 2004 even though the 05 GC SXT had the larger 3.8L engine, power driver's seat, 2 power sliding doors and probably more. There were some nice items on the 99 GC SE that had been decontented by 2005 but the 05 was still a good deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts