The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

How many miles redux

Mileage re-poll

120K views 126 replies 84 participants last post by  Hoorf 
#1 ·
I loved the idea of the last poll, but the mileages are all too low.. over 70% in the highest..

Want to try it again? I do..

so.. here we go.. let's see what happens.

#7 ·
I put my van at 100k because its almost at 98 so I figure that it will hit 100 soon enough. But I do agree that the old poll was a bit outdated.

#10 ·
2nd owner, 4 wks now 108,377kms ( roughly 62,000miles)

#13 ·
my dad's 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport, 3.3l 106,xxx miles. on the original engine and trans. bought it brand new off the lot from Crestwood Dodge. :thumb:

#15 ·
hi everyone... wow there are some big miles on some of your vans:Wow1: well as to my 1998 grand voyager 3.3LE im proud to say that mine has a whopping.........................................64239 miles on the clock wot i hear you say!!!!!! yep you read it right, when i bought the van 14 months ago it had only 55100 on the clock.. (hardly run in):beerchug:

#16 ·
Wow. So that 11 year old van is doing a little less than what... 6,000 miles a year? Man.

#17 ·
i know its real strange to do so little miles in such a big bus over here, i searched for ages till i came across one with such low miles.. im the 3rd owner as well..... its genuine miles because the service book has always been stamped every 6 months and it all tallys up each service when they write down the miliage......:)

#18 ·
2nd owner of mine have owned it about 6 years or so. Currently has 216K on it. Had the tranny rebuilt at 115K($1800), A/C evap core and line at 141k($850), and various other things like water pump, alternator, the right door window regulator assy twice, BUT OVER ALL THIS THING HAS BEEN ONE HECK OF A GOOD VEHICLE. The tranny has recently developed a whining noise and the A/C compressor(factory one I might add) finally bit the dust so I'm trying to decide to fix it or not.

#21 ·
holly f*** 500,000 miles.... wots the overall body work like?? you dont get many taxi cabs over here doing that kind of milege...:Wow1:

#22 ·
The body is in mint shape except where thae stupid deer hit last year. Shes been undercoated since new and well babied .I am going for the 500km mark and my little 3.0L V6 is willing to did it.

#29 ·
it would appear these vans go for ever, wonder what the record is for miliage on same engine and tranny on one of these vans???? anyone know?

#30 ·
I'm realizing now that between my two vans... I've got over 245,000 miles. They both have their original transmissions too. And the newest will be 10 years old next year. :blink: Which is funny, because to me... it still seems really new to me because it's in amazing shape (minus the front bumper).

#35 · (Edited)
They're both A/C problems. I just fixed one for a lady, the dealer quoted her over $1k in parts and labor. She paid me $500, and I only asked for $300... and she paid for the parts.

See what gratitude gets you when you don't over charge people for stupid repairs?

Clarification: the Evap Core is the part in front of your radiator that looks like another radiator, and I'm not entirely sure about the "expansion valve", but IIRC, it's the canister looking thing that one of the A/C lines goes into.

I replaced an evap core and recharged the lady's system, and it cost about $150 in parts. I asked $300 to change it for her, and recharge the system, and told her that if that wasn't the problem, she didn't have to pay for my work. When I finished, she tested it, gave me the $300, and I left. About a week later, she gave me another $200 and told her "friends" about the job I did for her. Now I"m supposed to change an engine in a Ford Ranger... apparently, A 3.0 Ford Taurus engine won't fit (according to Ford Stealerships)... like there's not one sitting in my driveway with a Taurus engine in it. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.