The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

How many miles redux

• Total voters
121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,773 Posts
I’m at 220,000 miles on my ’97 Caravan SWB – original 3.3 engine and transmission. I just changed plugs 3 and 5 (saved the worst for last) for the first time! What a pain! Still runs like a top. I’m shocked how many things are still original and working fine, like the front suspension, CV joints, steering components, and even the exhaust system – all original. I want to find a 30th anniversary for its replacement, if that day ever comes.
I replaced the OE rear brake shoes on my 94 a few weekends ago. It is amazing how long some of the items last on these old vans. :eekkkk:
I'm waiting for 345,678.910 to come up on my odometer/trip odometer now as this is the next milestone i'm looking at. :cool:

PS: Strongbunch, no need to hold back on the posts, I see you have only made 2 in over 2 years now.
A belated welcome to the site. :hi:

·
Latent car nut
8,816 Posts
I replaced the OE rear brake shoes on my 94 a few weekends ago. It is amazing how long some of the items last on these old vans. :eekkkk:
The rear brake shoes on our 1999 T&C are factory original with 192,000 miles on the clock, and a quick check suggests they're good for at least another 100,000 miles. That said, it looks like the wheel cylinders are starting to leak. I'm thinking a rear brake job and new wheel cylinders is in order. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Proud owner of a "new" 98 Grand Voyager with 195k on the clock. Still running strong...though we've only put a thousand or two on it since we bought it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Similar story over here, tho' more than a few thousand

Mine has 134K miles atm and experimenting some missbehaviour in the 4th and over gear, it hasn't seen much road since we bought it used on 2011, but as it has imported marks all the way from canada I can imagine it spent most of it's time on highways. Hopefully some cleanup of the solenoids and fresh atf+4 will fix those.

I'm suspecting the last fluid change they may have trew in low quality merc/dex... I'm just hoping I don't find the glitter death in the pan

·
Registered
2 Posts
High Milelage

Hi I have a 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan with 328000 miles on it. Both transmission and engine original and never touched. Vehicle has only been in shop once for a repair other than the normal stuff. Body is starting to fail fast but my goal is to hit 333333 miles before I give up on it. Going to need new tires to make it through the winter though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
1999 Grand Voyager Sport in candy apple red: 251,357 miles today and still going. It needs new struts and has hail damage on the bonnet and I keep thinking it will die so I don't want to put a lot of $$$ in it, but like that energizer bunny it just keeps going, so I've replaced the blower motor, charged the A/C, and kept up on the oil and filter changes. Now if that sticky passenger window would heal itself and go up reliably I'd be even happier, but it is hard to complain when it still looks good from a distance and gets 24 MPG.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Gretchen just punched 160K, still going strong and dressed a little better. Just gotta find a place for a wet-shot nitrous kit... :djsmilie:

121 - 127 of 127 Posts
About this Discussion
126 Replies
87 Participants
Hoorf
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing