The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

How many miles redux

• Total voters
101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
mine is at 294500. Original engine and trans. Just replaced the water pump for the 3rd time..normal maintenance...lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
A neighbor of mine had the same questions about my seats because he has two vehicles with about 150K on them and his seats are all duct taped up. One of them is a Mercedes!
My interior and seats are holding up surprisingly well. All of the seat foam is still firm, no stains or tears, heck the cloth on the seats aren’t even worn thin if you can believe it!
The only thing inside the van that is failing is the glue that holds the headliner up. It gets a little loose in the damp weather.
Key is not to fart in your seats.. it causes seat rot.

·
Super Moderator
4,773 Posts
Key is not to fart in your seats.. it causes seat rot.
Then they must have built my 94 with some type of special NASA methane resistant seat material because if anyone is going to stress test a seat it’s me. Just ask the wife..:angrya::angry1::angry::help_wsig:holdbreat:sick:

·
Registered
9 Posts
160k miles, 1999 Voyager. Original engine and Tranny. Little oil thirsty, but nothing big.

First post by the way!

Sent from my Nexus 7

·
Super Moderator
4,773 Posts
160k miles, 1999 Voyager. Original engine and Tranny. Little oil thirsty, but nothing big.

First post by the way!

Sent from my Nexus 7
I know this is really pass due but welcome the site!

·
Registered
22 Posts
2000 Dodge Grand Caravan SE, 3.3 flex, tranny rebuilt for the first time at 199K, engine still runs at 203K with no major work yet, but it's got a problem that could need major work depending on what it is...

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport, 3.3, AFAIK original engine and trans, 135K.

Poll won't let me do more than one... Ugh. :p

1994 sport, HOW did you get so many miles on that 94??? I rarely ever see any of these 3.3's get past 200K without blowing a rod, throwing a valve, or cracking the block first!

·
Super Moderator
4,773 Posts
1994 sport, HOW did you get so many miles on that 94??? I rarely ever see any of these 3.3's get past 200K without blowing a rod, throwing a valve, or cracking the block first!
Synthetic oil, good maintenance and I don't drive it like I stole it.
I would have to say being at the 327K mark now that a fair amount of good luck has had something to do with it too. :clover:

·
Registered
22 Posts
...then having 500k on a 3.3 must mean that the car gods are shining down on you lol
I bet! Man that's amazing. Never thought one of these could make 500K! Assuming you said miles not KM!

·
Super Moderator
4,773 Posts
Very impressive!

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Although Kms would have still been impressive, I'm talkin miles.

that converts to exactly 511,729 miles
Impressive indeed! Beats 1994 Sports mileage by a decade!

800,000+ K on your 4th gen? Impressive much, you must do A lot of driving to rack up the mileage that fast. How reliable has it been overall? Whats the current mileage right now?

Whats the mileage on your 3rd gen?

·
Registered
155 Posts
240,334 miles

·
Registered
37 Posts
292,000 miles on a 2000 T&C Lxi AWD and still on original transmission and no major engine problem. Body just rusting away, damn north east winter weather. Looking for a 2005 T&C Limited.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Driving back to DC from CT last evening, at mile marker 44 on I95 in MD, I excitedly watched the odometer in my '99 T&C LX turn to 44,444. My daughter, 15, the only other person still awake, was only impressed by my geekdom in noting the coincidence, not the low miles.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,298 Posts
One 2006 Grand Caravan with 317,000 miles (will sell very soon). This one still have a very strong motor and transmission.
One 2012 T & C with 45,000 miles.

Levy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m at 220,000 miles on my ’97 Caravan SWB – original 3.3 engine and transmission. I just changed plugs 3 and 5 (saved the worst for last) for the first time! What a pain! Still runs like a top. I’m shocked how many things are still original and working fine, like the front suspension, CV joints, steering components, and even the exhaust system – all original. I want to find a 30th anniversary for its replacement, if that day ever comes.

101 - 120 of 127 Posts
About this Discussion
126 Replies
87 Participants
Hoorf
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing