The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About the same time several months ago, I noticed my engine temperature sensor not reading consistently (below the line then wondering around 1/4-1/2 mark) , and "lightning bolt indicator" (Throttle body error) would light within the first mile of driving. Tripping the check engine LED as well.

I have replaced the throttle body with an aftermarket unit, cleaned all engine harnesses, and replaced the coolant temperature sensor, thermostat, and found no change. The only code I'm getting is temperature regulation codes. I believe this is because the ECM is seeing an inconsistent temperature reading after it should be warm. It seems 10% of the time I might have a hard start where I have to press the gas to peddle to the floor for it to start. Also randomly the temperature sensor will work on the dash but has been rarer and rarer lately.

It was my hope by driving it something would eventually fail fully but it seems to be running strong but the cooling fan will run constantly. I haven't been able to find a good schematic for this but have seen posts that the throttle body circuit may be linked to both conditions.

I'm the original owner of 2010 TC 3.8 that has been really good to me. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get past this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't pass inspections to keep it on the road legally.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,195 Posts
Sounds like damaged wiring to the sensor. Air in the system can also cause erratic behavior.

Reactions: ChargingNC

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone have a schematic for this area under the hood so I can trace it out? I do have a multimeter to test - test points, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts