The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts
The link in my post with the video is the entire playlist of the turbo LS build, from pulling the old engine to blowing up the first LS and dropping in another. :p

·
3rd gen > all others
3,533 Posts
Cheapest way to add acceleration: get rid of unneeded weight. Do you mostly drive around town? Remove the spare tire and leave it at home. Do you use all of the seats? Remove the unused ones and leave at home - not easy to do with stow-n-go, but I'm sure they unbolt somehow. I think I've seen some 5th gen owners remove the air intake baffle under the air filter box to wake the engine up.

I want to add a hood scoop to my van, but not for power - for engine cooling. Engine bay gets HOT in 3rd/4th gens. A Subaru hood scoop will channel air over the back part of the intake plenum and down the backside of the engine, to under the van and exit the back/sides. Maybe it will help extend the life of the battery (which some have to replace every 3 years!).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Where can I order a Supercharger kit for my 2014 Chrysler Town and Country minivan. I really want to make a sleeper minivan build but I just can't find a Supercharger nor Turbocharger (but much preferably Supercharger) that fits my 3.6 L VVT V6 engine -someone please help.
Might try an engine rebuild company. That way when it destroys itself, they can rebuild it for you.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts
Performance engines have no warranty. It's automatically assumed you will be rough on it. Even the national companies that make performance engines don't give warranties on them.

There a lots of strengthened internals for the 3.6, but you'd have to put them on yourself or have a shop do them. The closed deck reinforcement plate requires machining to install. Those mods make high power more sustainable, but do nothing to increase the power.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,573 Posts
Performance engines have no warranty. It's automatically assumed you will be rough on it. Even the national companies that make performance engines don't give warranties on them.

There a lots of strengthened internals for the 3.6, but you'd have to put them on yourself or have a shop do them. The closed deck reinforcement plate requires machining to install. Those mods make high power more sustainable, but do nothing to increase the power.
Just a couple of weeks ago, I told you that, you quickly replied that you buy from a company that offers lifetime warranty.

Share that info with him. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Cheapest way to add acceleration: get rid of unneeded weight. Do you mostly drive around town? Remove the spare tire and leave it at home. Do you use all of the seats? Remove the unused ones and leave at home - not easy to do with stow-n-go, but I'm sure they unbolt somehow. I think I've seen some 5th gen owners remove the air intake baffle under the air filter box to wake the engine up.

I want to add a hood scoop to my van, but not for power - for engine cooling. Engine bay gets HOT in 3rd/4th gens. A Subaru hood scoop will channel air over the back part of the intake plenum and down the backside of the engine, to under the van and exit the back/sides. Maybe it will help extend the life of the battery (which some have to replace every 3 years!).
Okay, good idea honestly, because those vans weight a crapload, so removing those seats will help same with my speakers because who needs speakers when you can hear your engine reving to the moon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

I'm not sure going with a racing engine just yet, because I want to see really how far I can push this little 3.6, but also because it's hard for me to install that engine into a small engine bay like that, I mainly just want a Supercharger just for that whine you here when you floor it

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts
Yes, and performance rotors aren't necessarily for track or off road use.

Reactions: beat_truck
21 - 34 of 34 Posts