The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I order a Supercharger kit for my 2014 Chrysler Town and Country minivan. I really want to make a sleeper minivan build but I just can't find a Supercharger nor Turbocharger (but much preferably Supercharger) that fits my 3.6 L VVT V6 engine -someone please help.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,700 Posts
There are none. You have to custom make it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wait, does the supercharger for the charger work with the chrysler, because they both have 3.6 L VVT engines, could I like custom fit the supercharger for that car onto the chrysler?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,700 Posts
The supercharger pulley runs where the FWD motor mount goes. The supercharger kits are all RWD only.

Might be possible to take the Wrangler turbo kit and modify it to fit. Too expensive for me to be the first to give it a go, but if you do it and it fits without much issue, I'd like to know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wait, i have a welder, could I possibly re-weld another motor mount that can fit the supercharger pully

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And if no, then I will consider putting the wrangler turbo kit on.. and yes I know the process would be difficult, I just want a sleeper van lol

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,700 Posts
I know the feeling. Been hoping for a forced induction solution for years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But I just always love the picture of a huge blower sticking out of the hood of a mom van

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,700 Posts
Could always go full blown race car and drop a RWD drivetrain in it. I know a guy that put a turbo LS in one. Or you could go completely nuts like this other guy, just depends on your budget and abilities.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't want to be called a ricer though, because I'm mostly daily driving the van and if there are useless mods that don't help the car at all unless tracking it, I don't wanna be called a ricer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But putting a rwd drive train actually seems like a good idea, because then MAYBE just MAYBE I can then fit the pully so good suggestion, where can I get a drive train that fits my van?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,700 Posts
Nothing fits. You have to make it fit. That guy welded on additional supports to his front subframe, notched the Stow-N-Go compartment for the driveshaft, made his own clutch and shifter brackets, etc. It's a pretty big and detailed video series. He used an LS, so there's plenty of room for most V8s. I gave him sh!t and said he should have dropped a Hellephant in there because of all the extra room he had. :p

Reactions: Road Ripper

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,571 Posts
Many newies come and go aaking for big modifications, never happens.

Hope this one is different and provides documentation, but I really doubt it, especially for his intended purposes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, that seems like it would be fun, and i might do a build like that, can you send that video?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LEVY, I did my homework and I know how much this would cost and the time this would take to make this build, I wanted to install a twin screw supercharger and have a bug catcher sticking out of the hood, because it seems like this would be a fun build and I might track this van or drag race it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
But anyways, I might just tear out the engine in the hellcat and put it in my van because the hellcats engine is supercharged from stock

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,571 Posts
LEVY, I did my homework and I know how much this would cost and the time this would take to make this build, I wanted to install a twin screw supercharger and have a bug catcher sticking out of the hood, because it seems like this would be a fun build and I might track this van or drag race it
Now we're talking.

If you end up completing your project, please document the process and share it if you agree, it will help others to better understand how it is done.

I'm not against power modifications,(as someone here wrongly claims) I do have some track vehicles myself. Many just change some parts and calls it upgrade, when in fact are downgrades instead.

Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks, the people who do that are called "ricers" which stands for Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements or rice, it's basically making your car look like something that it's not, like putting a huge wing on a Honda Fit, since its a street car, it does not need a wing of that size, or putting racing canards on a Toyota Yaris, once again, it's a street car and you don't need canard on a street car, basically rice is a car that is race inspired in some way, cosmetic which means on the outside enhancements which means upgrades/downgrades, anyways I will try to document it and thanks again

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And Seinile gave some good suggestions such as a RWD drivetrain, a MT a diffrent engine ect.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts