The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all! My plan is to replace the sagging headliner on my 1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager sometime later this spring or early summer. I'd like to replace the liner with the exact same color. Is there a trim code somewhere on the vehicle? I've checked the driver's side door label and it has no TRM like has been suggested online. There's a plate attached to the support near the passenger side in front of the radiator with two Phillips head screws but there is no explanation to the 4 or 5 lines of numbers that are on embossed on the plate that I can find.
If you've done this project before maybe you can share some ideas and tips.
Much appreciated.
Koreywill

·
Registered
29 Posts
An interior trim shop should have books with samples of material. The one we used to replace the headliner on our '91 Grand Voyager was able to match the original material exactly.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just one comment. Maybe you've already figured out how to get the plastic headliner retainer "rivets" off, but the way they work is that the little center deal was pushed in, which spreads the prongs on the main stem of the "rivet" (for lack of a better term). The only way I found to get them off w/o ruining them was to drill out the center deal, then plan to use chrome pan head screws to reinstall. Or maybe new ones can be purchased some place.
[I didn't actually plan to reinstall - I was just dismantling the entire vehicle, but always save what ever I can. I think I might still have some of those rivets (clips?), and I'll check, if a photo would be helpful. Kinda' small, though, to get a good picture.]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts