The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the most efficient way to do the head gaskets on a 94 voyager. pull the motor or leave it in. i got as far as removing the intake and a valve cover than realized it isn't a pushrod motor. it has more water in the motor than oil haha

othewise the price was right on it free

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
I would leave it in IF it was shut down as soon as the gasket failed. If the previous owners drove around for a few days while it kept smoking and getting worse, you would be better off replacing the whole engine. That all depends on if you know the history of the problem.

If you think it was shut down soon enough, I would leave it in and replace the gaskets and all other bits that you have apart while at it. Would also probably throw in a set of rod/main bearings too just to be safe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so working on the side of that motor meaning the pulley end is possible. there is enough working room there.

i can do most anything on a car so skill is about as high as possible. just never looked at chrysler van before.

·
3rd gen > all others
2,310 Posts
It's a Mitsubishi V6, made for Chrysler. I've worked on one before; did the head gaskets, and lots more, with the engine IN the van. As long as you'll have it apart, it might be a good idea to replace the water pump, timing belt, and front engine oil seals, and spark plugs, too. There's also a few hoses that could be replaced as long as they're easy to get to while it's apart. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts