The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,204 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Hopefully the vans get lumped in, but they aren't mentioned in that.

·
Super Moderator
6,204 Posts
Hopefully the vans get lumped in, but they aren't mentioned in that.
Yes, but the Grand Cherokee uses a similar style headrest. Hopefully?

But then again I think the Grand Cherokee had a fuel pump relay TSB/recall, while the minivans didn't.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I'd guess it's the same design, but I don't know that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Still waiting for the headrest to come in over a week now, if I didn't call them, I'm sure I wouldn't hear anything. Their customer service from the service desk sucks. I get further by talking with parts dept.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hi caravan84,

We're very sorry to hear you are still waiting for this part to come in. If you'd like us to escalate a case for part escalation assistance, please feel free to send us a private message.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Called again today for parts. Headrest is in, how long they had it? Will never know. Not did anyone call me saying it was in. Been over 2 weeks. Again their service sucks. Got an appt the 19th at 9. Better not take too long I know it takes 10 min to change it out. I already had to do it for my passenger side a year ago. On my dime, they didn't want to accept blame like this time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I had a similar situation in my 2010. The headrest didn't go off but it did break. Unfortunately 2010 is the first year they had active headrests and they are specific to that model year. Also they do not make them anymore.

Anyway, DO NOT just unplug them. The airbag system will not work at all if the active headrest is not functioning. At least in the 2010 model.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts