The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I’m bored. So I’m going to the junkyard to try and find some T&C signature series door panels to replace my plain gray ones. I have noticed that the wiring on them includes a separate two purple wires that run along the main harness until reaching the door hinge, where they separate and go along a plastic connector down into the fender.

I would like to know how to remove the whole harness including these purple wires that go to the door light bulbs. I can’t seem to find anything online. Thanks.

·
3rd gen > all others
3,533 Posts
The harness has connectors at the door jamb, under the rubber accordian protector. You can pull back the rubber accordian and unplug the harnesses there. Then remove the door panels and plastic stuck to the door, and unplug the wiring from the door lock mechanism, door handle key lock, and power window motor. The rest is pulling the harness retainers out of the doors and removing the connectors from the door jamb (I think they're screwed onto the door). Best done with the window UP. It's been a couple of years, but I did this when I stripped my 2001 parts van of all the electrical harnesses before scrapping it.

Reactions: GS21

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for that. That leaves me stuck with just the purple light bulb wires. Chrysler in their infinite wisdom decided to separate the light wires from the main harness at the door jamb and those wires run along the inside of the fender and don’t plug in with the rest.

Will I be able to gain full access to the driver’s and passenger’s light bulb wires from taking off the fender? I wasn’t able to check last time I went

1 - 3 of 3 Posts