The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Fog light installation

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Road Ripper 
#1 ·
Good afternoon-
I have a 2004 LX that does not have fog lights in the bumper cover. Before I get my hopes up, would I be able to manufacture openings and install fog lamps?

#2 ·
Well, this depends, does your front bumper have the holes where the fog lights go? If they do, you should be able to make some sort of bracket or somehow secure the light to the bumper. Also, there is the matter of wiring, is it actually there? I heard that older generation vans had all the wiring for all or most of the options there already, so if this is the case your fog light connectors could be there, I would check under to make sure. The nice thing if you do have the front bumper with the holes, you can get the larger fog lights only offered on the town and country, vs the smaller circular ones dodge offered, which also had a different bumper mounding to accommodate the round fog lights. And if you don't have the holes there, well, either replace the bumper or get ready to do cutting.

#3 ·
The T&C foglights suck. They light up closely all around the front of the van, but don't throw the light down the road. The Dodge foglights (and T&C fogs of the 3rd gen van) may be smaller, but are more focused and are ADJUSTABLE! That is the reason I will eventually swap my T&C to a Dodge bumper cover and use those foglights.

I've read of other members cutting out the holes in the standard Chrysler bumper cover and fitting Olds Alero or Intrigue fog lights in there. They fit the opening well and can be bought at a junkyard.

Reactions: Michalb
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.