The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 T&C 3.8 All dashboard lights flash several times a second while driving down the road. Other than this car operates fine. Opinions? There has been an electrical gremlin in this vehicle since 2007.

·
Registered
780 Posts
All dashboard lights flashing/flickering repeatedly is a somewhat unique problem description compared to what most folks report. On my 2005, mine would occasionally flash all the dash indications, but more infrequently and randomly... usually combined with a warning ding. That said, unless somebody here has better insight/recommendations for that specific situation, I would think this might fall under the general category of odd electrical behaviors, such as fluttering PRNDL indicator, flickering headlights, random warning dings, random dash indications, random radio drop-out, and many other anomalous electrical behaviors... suggestions for which would generally include:

1.) Solder battery wire terminals to battery wires using plenty of flux.
2.) Thoroughly Clean battery terminals and clamps with wire brush tool.
3.) Clean all battery terminal electrical mating surfaces (sandpaper or wire brush).
4.) Disassemble ground underneath battery tray, clean contact surfaces, reassemble, and seal (paint, acid free RTV, or similar) to prevent moisture intrusion.
5.) Check and/or replace battery.
6.) Make sure battery thermal guard/shield/protector is in place around battery.
7.) Check/Clean wire harness to IPM connections underneath the IPM.

I'm sure there are probably other suggestions, but I think this is the main punch-list. Soldering the battery wire crimp terminals to their wires seemed to solve my episode; however, others had positive results from some of the other suggestions. YMMV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts