The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I turn off the van (2011 T&C), I can hear a fan or other motor running from the rear of the car, outside.

I noticed it last night, but I guessed it would stop after a while. My battery was dead this morning, so I think the motor ran until it killed the battery.

Any ideas as to what it could be and how to prevent it from draining the battery again?

I had the fuel pump replaced a few months ago.

·
Super Moderator
4,774 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I just turned off the car after letting it charge itself back up and the noise continued after I turned off the car but then stopped after a minute or so.

Would it be reasonable to pull the Fuel Pump Relay right after I shut off the car and see if the sound goes off to determine whether or not it is the fuel pump?

·
Registered
1 Posts
After I turn off the van (2011 T&C), I can hear a fan or other motor running from the rear of the car, outside.

I noticed it last night, but I guessed it would stop after a while. My battery was dead this morning, so I think the motor ran until it killed the battery.

Any ideas as to what it could be and how to prevent it from draining the battery again?

I had the fuel pump replaced a few months ago.
I know this was a while ago but did you ever find out the problem? I’m having this exact issue and it drains my battery!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this was a while ago but did you ever find out the problem? I’m having this exact issue and it drains my battery!
we were having a problem with our 2011 T&C turning over but not starting... Fuel pump replaced, new battery - same problem. Sensor replaced, new spark plugs and now we hear a fan noise running after the car has been shut off & parked for hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts