The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Engine miss fire

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  maxheadroom1955 
#1 ·
Twice in a row I have had a shudder while idling and under acceleration on cold start up. Cleared up after a few minutes. Does not do it after warm up. Today it threw an engine code, misfire on cylinder 4. This is the 3.3 litre. Have just changed the egr valve. Could this be an issue with the coil pack or the brain? There is 274,000 kms on vehicle. Coil pack is $179.00. I don't have the equipment to diagnose a brain fault, so would this be a good place to start before I go to a dealership and get bent over the table? It seems to happen when the temperature is around 10 - 15 C and humid.

#4 ·
I wouldn't jump to a PCM just yet. Check compression when cold and again when hot. A collapsed lifter can give issues like this, but it's rare. Sloppy timing chain tensioners can as well. Any rattling or ticking when it's misfiring?

#6 ·
If the issue was a coil, it should be resolved immediately after installing a new one. If you have to give it a while, there's another issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.