The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Quick question. Just built an intake for my van. Seems to be a little torquey-er and throttle response is improved. Definitely feels less restricted in the pedal. Revs stronger and longer before shifts. Checked the plugs, (new champ double plats), and they looked more on the white side than the brownish they should be. I want to try and reset the ECU for the intake before I decide to put stock intake config back on. I don't want my engine running lean. Will pulling the negative bat terminal do it? Are these supposed to automatically tune? Reading online, I guess some people, (different cars), go through a process of pulling MAF, or in the case of these engines, MAP, connector and going through a relearn process.

Chase.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
499 Posts
Pulling the battery terminal should do it, but to be sure, hold it against the other one while disconnected to let the capacitors in the ECU discharge. You can also do this with many scan tool by resetting adaptives or enabling fuel trim learning. Pulling the MAP connector will just send you into limp mode or make it not start.

I wouldn't be too worried though. It should adapt to the new intake within a tank of gas. And your plugs are probably lighter because of more complete combustion rather than a lean condition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts