The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looks that way since it wasn't itemized when I got the loan. They did offer to remove the transfer seat though.

If I'd asked for the transfer seat to be omitted I suspect they'd also have to shop out a 2013 compatible seat base and do the swap.

It's not like anyone's out anything, it's a used van and it's the seat which was in it when they took it in on trade.

·
3rd gen > all others
2,630 Posts
Our old 99 Dodge Grand Caravan had side entry with the floor lowered all the way from firewall to back seat. I don't have that van anymore because the ramp was a manual ramp...
Just wondering, was this van an Amerivan conversion and was it blue? Because that is the van I got the front strut spacers and camber bolts from, from U Pull R Parts in East Bethel. It was a fully raised van with a side entry ramp.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,079 Posts
That is such good news. I get to keep the front passenger seat in the van and my front seat passenger won't have to sit in my Permobil C350. My friends hate sitting in my powerchair, they claim it's uncomfortable. I think my powerchair is the most comfortable seat in the house, I don't know why my friends don't agree? Maybe because it's set up to fit me and not them. :)
I never liked Permobil, just because the seat is on top of one center support only.

I would prefer something like Sunrise Medical high end chair supported on all four corners.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I initially had my concerns about the center seat post. Cassi, who passed away in 2004 used to have a Fortress Scientific three wheel scooter, and twice the single seat post on that scooter snapped off and dumped out.

I've had two Quickie S-626 powerchairs and they were a hoot to drive around in, very light for a powerchair and 8.5MPH (Mine anyway). The seats and frame were strong but the damned things kept sheering off drive axles. Too bad too, I loved those chairs.

I may go with Pride Mobility again on my next powerchair, I think they're the only company at the moment who sells rehab level rear wheel drive powerchairs.

My Permobil C350 has tilt and an elevating seat and I really want another chair with an elevating seat. My life now revolves around the ability to raise my seat up. I even have a stacked washer/dryer. Elevating seats on a powerchair are a real game changer.

I have an old Blast850 sitting in my shed, it still runs but needs tires/tubes, armrest pads, and batteries. Plus the seat is fixed, and the suspension isn't terrific, but that was a great chair, almost as robust as the Fortress Scientific powerchairs I'd owned in the 80s but a lot faster.

Have you ever used an Abec from the 1970s? I had one of those, a real garage queen.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Just wondering, was this van an Amerivan conversion and was it blue? Because that is the van I got the front strut spacers and camber bolts from, from U Pull R Parts in East Bethel. It was a fully raised van with a side entry ramp.
No. It was a white 99 Dodge Grand Caravan converted to a Braun Entervan. I sold to someone near Albany, NY. It probably isn't the same one.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I initially had my concerns about the center seat post. Cassi, who passed away in 2004 used to have a Fortress Scientific three wheel scooter, and twice the single seat post on that scooter snapped off and dumped out.

I've had two Quickie S-626 powerchairs and they were a hoot to drive around in, very light for a powerchair and 8.5MPH (Mine anyway). The seats and frame were strong but the damned things kept sheering off drive axles. Too bad too, I loved those chairs.

I may go with Pride Mobility again on my next powerchair, I think they're the only company at the moment who sells rehab level rear wheel drive powerchairs.

My Permobil C350 has tilt and an elevating seat and I really want another chair with an elevating seat. My life now revolves around the ability to raise my seat up. I even have a stacked washer/dryer. Elevating seats on a powerchair are a real game changer.

I have an old Blast850 sitting in my shed, it still runs but needs tires/tubes, armrest pads, and batteries. Plus the seat is fixed, and the suspension isn't terrific, but that was a great chair, almost as robust as the Fortress Scientific powerchairs I'd owned in the 80s but a lot faster.

Have you ever used an Abec from the 1970s? I had one of those, a real garage queen.
I'm still using a 12 year old Pride / Quantum 600. It has been a fantastic chair. I'm going to need to upgrade soon, though, as I think I need better seating (rehab).

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,079 Posts

To me, the Quickie S-626 was the best chair ever. As long as it is well calibrated, it would out perform any other.

I'm not wheelchair bound, I was a dealer. I sold chairs priced over $50,000.00.

Permobil $30,000.00 and up.

Something I never liked about Permobil, the factory rep wanted to always do the sale.

I was an expert on rehab PWC's., especially Sunrise Medical.

I have some overstock 8 x 2 caster wheel, if you need some.

8 x 2 two piece wheel
Pneumatic tire with solid insert.

This is not the cheap foam filled or solid rubber (urethane).

You can buy those wheels for over $100.00/pair.

Will sell them for $45.00/pair shipped.

I don't have them right now, but will get them in about two weeks.

I have like 500 units, I was selling them left and right in ebay, but one day I had medical problems, was unable to ship, but I got reported by two or three buyers who didn't wanted their money back, they wanted the wheels because of the quality and price.

My ebay account was disabled for life, according to ebay rules.

Well, one day I got a call from ebay, my account was reinstated. So I'm probably going to list them in ebay.

I don't list stuff here, but I feel you can not find them cheaper anywhere, trying to help without going broke, will not affect any vendor either.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Woo. I'll have to consider that. I'm no due for tires at the moment but it's good to have spares lying around.

Yeah, my C350 was somewhere around $30,000. Hmm, about what I paid for my Town and Country. :) I had to pay for 20% of the chair. I made payments for months.

I want to hold on to my C350 for another five years if I can, though it's already seven years old.

I had frame issues with the first S-626 and twice I had a drive axle sheer off on the second one. Wow damn that chair handled like no other powerchair I ever owned. Oh, and I think the top speed was 7mph, not 8.5mph.

I just made my first payment on the Town and Country. Only 59 more payments to go. I paid more than the monthly bill (Not by a lot). I want to pay it off as early as I can afford to.

·
3rd gen > all others
2,630 Posts
It had no rear seat, and the spare tire was in the rear against the side. The middle row captain seats were folded up and folded sideways, to make room for the wheelchair to sit in the center. There was a heavy duty seat belt/buckle in the rear, I assumed for securing a power chair. Rear suspension was beefed up with aftermarket shocks with coil springs over them. I'll have to look closer at the front seats if I get back there in time (usually they crush vehicles after two months) and it's 1 1/2 hours away from me.
I got back to the junkyard today (Frozen Nuts sale LOL) and checked out the van closer. It has regular front seats in it, and was just used as a passenger transport as the lowered channel went from the rear to the second row.

There were some 3" tall plastic bumpstops added to the bottom inside the springs (I got those). The rear swing axle was mounted to the body with 2" tall steel lift blocks, and coil-over shocks swapped onto the rear for the added weight. I got the bumpstops to add to our Sienna, as I've ordered Firestone air assist bags for it to help with rear sag under load. So, nothing special there for seating.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts