Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·

·
Registered
111 Posts
When changing out the old plastic housing for the new Aluminum one:

I have read that you should drain some of the engine coolant to lower the coolant level below the oil cooler housing position, to avoid having coolant flood into the oil passages when the filter housing/cooler block is removed.

Is that correct?

Any need to also drain off the engine oil levels for the same reason?

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,573 Posts
When changing out the old plastic housing for the new Aluminum one:

I have read that you should drain some of the engine coolant to lower the coolant level below the oil cooler housing position, to avoid having coolant flood into the oil passages when the filter housing/cooler block is removed.

Is that correct?

Any need to also drain off the engine oil levels for the same reason?
If there is coolant in there, yes, it would be wise.

Oil remains in the oil pan, so no reason to drain it.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Yes, on the coolant. As for the oil, you should remove the filter to let as much drain back to the pan as possible. You won't get all of either, but you can reduce the size of the mess you'll have to clean up and possibly avoid the need for changing the oil.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Still no availability after the first batch sold out, but figured I'd share some links to places that claim to be getting stock in the future. This includes the ones previously linked. Local options can be found on the official product page. Beware that being listed on that page does not mean they have stock. Call before you go.

Amazon
Auto Value
Car Parts.com (based on site directory naming conventions, should work once stock is in)
Find It Parts
Rock Auto

Small list, but currently that's all that I can find listing it. No one currently has one either.

Reactions: beretta96

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Aww... Someone renamed my thread. :p Guess it does help to have a descriptive title, but I figured curiosity would get to people and they'd come see what all the fuss was about. 🙃😉

Reactions: 97K15004WD
41 - 46 of 46 Posts